What does the book "What does the Bible really teach?" really teach?

by googlemagoogle 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see how the dubs still talk about the signs of the end after the 1995 generation change where they basically admitted that the 1914 generation was not the final one but one just like any other. This now supposedly symbolic generation of 1914 could go on for a very long time. They are the ones that are really blind.

• Pole
    Pole

luna2,

So, Pole, this "friend" probably thinks if she can just get your wife to the spiritual banquet (in reality more like a dry, stale peanut butter sandwich), she will see the error of her ways. I think she was smart to skip it.

No fear. I guess their problem is that they view my wife as 'spiritually weak' while she is actually completely deprogrammed. There is no way a believing dub can comprehend how such a sweet and good-hearted person as my wife can consciously reject "THE TRUTH" with a smile on her face. We have a total communication breakdown here :-).

'Sisters' sometimes call my wife and try to talk her into going out in field service and when she says 'no, thank you', they say 'oh, you're busy?'. She then goes 'no, it's just that I've decided I won't preach or go to the meetings anymore'. Then they say: 'So has anything wrong happened?'. 'No, I'm just fine'. She laughs, they cry.
    It's easier for them to categorize me as I have often grown a beard, and I'm now growing long hair since leaving the truth. Plus I am too honest with them and thus 'spiritually dangerous'. So I'm a mad demon-possesed apostate :-). Easy to rationalize.

I can't see how the dubs still talk about the signs of the end after the 1995 generation change where they basically admitted that the 1914 generation was not the final one but one just like any other. This now supposedly symbolic generation of 1914 could go on for a very long time. They are the ones that are really blind.

Come on, greendawn. How could you forget the sweet taste of the Watchtower booze of a doctrine which soothed all worried hearts and helped to vilify the evil system of things? There is a short-term benefit to believing the crap the WTS offers. The end is just round the corner, so we don't have to think, vote or solve the world's problems. Dubs are TRUTH-oholics. Most of them don't care anymore about specific dates. Very few actually think about the factual value of their beliefs. They just keep parroting 'it really has to be close now, seeng that...' you name it.
    Only those who see that the Watchtower doctrine is just a kind of booze have the guts to leave. And this usually happens when one suffers serious side effects of overdosing the liquor. In most cases the main side effect is a pathetic waste of one's lifetime. Millions of now living Truthoholics have died happily intoxicated believing they'd have been ressurected by now :-). Looks like millions more are following suit. I hope I'm wrong.
    Pole

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    young people ask: why do we need to read a book to learn what the bible really teaches instead of reading the bible to find out what it really teaches?

Like you say, google, it's a "challenging question". Why indeed.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What does the book "What does the Bible really teach?" really teach?

How to succeed as a lemming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit