What does the book "What does the Bible really teach?" really teach?

by googlemagoogle 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

What does the book "What does the Bible really teach?" really teach?

i'm a assembly 2005 survivor. i survived it by excessive sleeping. my sleep reached it's climax when gerrit lösch started talking. how is it possible that someone talks THAT boring? and how is it possible that someone talking about godly obedience to the org ALWAYS exceeds the org-made program for at least half an hour? challenging questions.

so we got a new tract. don't remember what it is about, but didn't sound like something new. so we got a new book. about what the bible really says. young people ask: why do we need to read a book to learn what the bible really teaches instead of reading the bible to find out what it really teaches? and why do we need another book that's got the same contents as so many books before? challenging questions.

the drama this time actually was of a higher quality than ever before. it was not as embarrassing as they usually are. it actually was quite moving and i think some young people who were to decide on their future made a decision on that drama (at least for the next few days, until reality catches them again). at the end of the assembly they were reading a few anonymous letters from young brothers who now decided to go pioneering instead of studying on the university. are those "experiences" for real or are they made up? where did the "translators" of the new world "translation" learn their "greek" and "hebrew" if not in university? and where would the org get their lawyers from if not some would be priviledged to go to university? challenging questions.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

GMG,

Those professional types all had education before they were converted. I think they all promised they wouldn't do it again once they were baptized!

W.Once

• greendawn
    greendawn

I see they are still really peddling the no education concept quite hard, before it was because Armageddon was near now what is it? As for those experiences they could be phoney given the WTS does play games like this even misquoting non jw sources in their writings.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The book teaches us that the WTS really doesn't have anything new to teach,they're just re-hashing the old stuff under a new format.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

oh, well, it was all about the END again. after the assembly i heard sisters talk about "how ignorant someone who doesn't see the signs of the end must be". you should have seen the applause when gerrit stepped on the stage... so much about worshipping people. he talked a lot about the end. that's the only thing to keep a JW active, actually.

there was also a special talk to those who are now inactive. they suggested that we inactive JWs would still believe in all there sh't. don't know where they got that from.

listen up, gerrit, i don't believe in you nor in your fake organisation, nor in your fake god. you can't reactivate me again. i'm out of service for you, little guy, forever.

• Pole
    Pole

Thanks for the summary.

there was also a special talk to those who are now inactive. they suggested that we inactive JWs would still believe in all there sh't. don't know where they got that from.

Do you remember when this talk was given? Around the same time as the drama? I'm asking because my wife was invited by her dub ex-friend to see the drama. My wife has been inactive for the last 10 or 11 months. She didn't go knowing there would be the usual crap and ducking the real issues, but I'm wondering if this invitation was just a spiritual warfare trick to get her to hear this talk for 'inactive ones' or something similar.

Pole

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

You're married Pole? How'd I miss that?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the talk to inactive ones was on saturday, there wasn't any connection to the drama.

• Pole
    Pole

google,

Thanks. So that sister must have thought the drama would have been a huge attraction by itself. LOL.

evil,

You're married Pole? How'd I miss that?

Sorry to dash your hopes, dude :-).

Pole

• luna2
    luna2

When I was a new baby dubby dub I thought that if people could just open their minds and actually listen to some of this wonderful crap (like the cool stuff we heard at the DA's), they too would renounce their evil ways and follow Jah. Don't you hate it when you realize what a total ass you once were?

So, Pole, this "friend" probably thinks if she can just get your wife to the spiritual banquet (in reality more like a dry, stale peanut butter sandwich), she will see the error of her ways. I think she was smart to skip it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit