Why can you not question/double standard

by Ticker 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
  • defd
    defd

Come on now.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Your absolutly right. You should not have to over look it. The big difference though is, Catholics do not worship the True God Jehovah. JWS do.

So.... which one is the true God?

*** Rbi8 Isaiah 9:5-6 ***
    6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

*** Rbi8 Jeremiah 32:17-18 ***
    18 the One exercising loving-kindness toward thousands, and repaying the error of the fathers into the bosom of their sons after them, the [true] God, the great One, the mighty One, Jehovah of armies being his name,

Not only do they have double standards; the JW's even have a double god while Christians have a single God made up of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 8:6 (HCSB)

yet for us there is one God

• Scully
    Scully

defd:

Your absolutly right. You should not have to over look it. The big difference though is, Catholics do not worship the True God Jehovah. JWS do. So in harmony with the scriptures when we are treated bad by our brothers and sisters we need to follow Jesus counel, Forgiveness and Pauls counsel, put up with one another and freely forgive one another. Not leave the Organization.

Since Jesus said that his true disciples would be known by the "love among yourselves", how can you honestly believe that people like those JWs I described who do not show "love among yourselves" are really 'worshiping the True God Jehovah'. If they are unfaithful in that one respect and do not show love, then they are unfaithful in all other respects. Isn't that what the apostle Paul says?

Rbi8 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ***

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding [piece of] brass or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophesying and am acquainted with all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to transplant mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

4 Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; 10 but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the [traits] of a babe. 12 For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

They can preach all they want, and claim to worship Jehovah all they want, but if they do not have love, all the preaching and all the meeting attendance and all the placements and bible studies are for naught.

To be perfectly honest with you, if I had been shown love when I really needed it from them, I probably would still be a JW today. Fortunately, I don't need them to show me love anymore. I've found love and friendship that is 1000s of times stronger and truer than what JWs ever showed me right here on this discussion board, and among Worldly People™, and it isn't dependent on my Field Service Report™ or Meeting Attendance™. It took a long time to realize that it was OK for people to care about me without all those strings attached.

I have forgiven them for their ignorance, but that does not mean I must go back and subject myself or my family to their brand of "love" ever again. If Jehovah really does know my heart, I don't think he will hold that against me.

By the way, nice to see you posting again. I thought you'd left and didn't want to come back.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The reason why I made this face dfed is because alot of what you say is so crappy. You think youre being smart but it keeps coming off as smirky and unsympathetic.

Josie

• Ticker
    Ticker
    So in harmony with the scriptures when we are treated bad by our brothers and sisters we need to follow Jesus counel, Forgiveness and Pauls counsel, put up with oneanother and freely forgive oneanother. Not leave the Organization.

What exactly does this point have to do with a double think standard embarassingly present with the Organization. For one even remotely associated with the JW's if even for a brief period of time, would have to admit or be intellectually dishonest, that yes their are double standards present within the Watchtower Society. Their are many more present than only this one example I have shown, but this one example proves the programming and manipulation that is underway. One clear message to "worldly people" (pardon the buzzwords lol) while yet in the same article another very conflicting message to the "true christians". Meaning dedicated baptized witnesses. Why downplay the seriousness of such a matter of misleading teachings dispenced upon 6 million, to that of the same level as a brother doing you a wrong and seeking forgiveness. To mislead such ones into such acts of thought control is clearly in total disharmony with "Jehovah's" own message, found within the very bible that each and every witnesse claims to actively follow.

Ticker

1st Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defence before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper, and deep respect."

Now if you were to question the elders about a certain policy would they show a mild temper and deep respect for you, or would they rather bring you before a judicial committee on charges of apostasy?

2cd Corinthians 13:5 "Keep testing whether you are in the faith, keep proving what you yourselves are"
    The faith is referring to the teachings Christ exemplified during his period and thoese found within the bible, and is not a set of doctrines and interpretations on the bible set forth by the Governing Body as they would like ones to believe.
    1st John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."
    Very clear, I see no reason why questioning beliefs and interpretations that are put forth as from God by any individual or organization, can merit themselves above this counsel.

And lets not forget the well know account of the Bereans,

Acts 17:11 "For they recieved the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the scriptures daily as to whether these things were so"
    Obviously the Apostle Paul did not mind them openly questioning or making sure his words were of proper biblical accord. Obviously neither did "Jehovah" as he chose to record this in the bible. Could one say they can openly question the Govering Body without any punishments or sanctions imposed on them?

Hope this helps.

P.S. Had to edit a few times format screwed up. Put in way too many spaces lol

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Ticker,

1st Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defence before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper, and deep respect."

the WBTS has little or no respect for Jesus, the Perfect Lamb of God, or their own slaves. This could not be more obvious!

Prov 12:10 A righteous man regards the life of his animal, but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

michelle

• daystar
    daystar

Rather than quote from any bible...

"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

• myelaine
    myelaine

"If chivalry gets you no where maybe your cause is wrong."

michelle

p.s. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.(Heb 4:13) (The LORD knows who has the blood of His Precious Son on them)

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    The big difference though is, Catholics do not worship the True God Jehovah.

Thank God for that - can you imagine a billion of them ?

Dfed - jehovah is an invented name - in Hebrew it I believe it translates as pile of mischief

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit