Other ex-cult Internet boards?

by philo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Lauralisa, my friend is fine, and escaped before they reeled her in. I told her to try a little experiment, which she did. She was originally attracted to them because they seemed so nice and eager to be friends. She and her husband are from India, and she's quite interested in all types of religions. She wants her son to be exposed to, not only Hinduism and the Muslim faith, but also to Christianity so that he can make his own decision on faith when he gets older.

These ICOC folks came on really strong...especially with the friendship and family thing. I suggested to her that she invite them to an outing, but tell them that she and her husband didn't really want to go to church first. I told her that they probably wouldn't go unless she showed interest in their religion. Sure enough, they refused to go anywhere with Manjari and her husband unless they agree to go to church.

She then told them to get lost.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

RHW:

That's brilliant! I'm filing that away for future use if the opportunity arises. Get the potential jw study to ask the JW's to go out to the pub/concert/club a few times before they go to the kingdom hall. Lovely!

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit