Observation by an outsider

by MikeNightHaShev 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Caole,

Thanks for the link. If it's the same guy, I have two questions for him.

How can you claim to fulfill the prophecies for the Messiah. Turn to the 5th chapter of Hmmm, verses 14-16: "14 For the Messiah will come, and he will know that bold white type on a black background shall constitute a bothersome eyesore. 15 The Messiah's web site shall be composed of muted, easy-to-read type. 16 And behold, he shall properly format his web site so as to make paragraphs and thoughts that flow. He shall not follow the course of the anti-christ, who centers much of his text, instead of left-justifying."

Seriously, I couldn't even make out most of that stuff, but I did notice you citing "He shall swallow up death forever." How do you satisfy that prophecy... and please don't tell me it's because you once ate a worm.

Hmmm,
    OK so I wasn't serious, what're you gonna do, smite me?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Mike, it is something that has to be done.
    There is no one without sin available to cast the first stone, so it falls upon imperfect people to take an imperfect approach.
    I don't know if you are a Witness or were one or not, but you sound like you may only be indirectly associated. Of course that is provided you aren't a "troll", and I'm not using that term to attack you or to incite an attack, so all y'all regulars don't jump on him on my account.
    You need to consider our "target". I'm sure you agree that there are many faults and a great need for change in many areas. The religious organization of the Witnesses is not one in which change could ever come from the bottom up. I really couldn't tell you how it is in any other religion when a layperson has some sort of disagreement with doctrine or procedure. While I am sure that there are other religions that have a very adverse reaction to that, the disagreement in the case of the Witnesses only ends with the member deferring to doctrine or with the member being removed from the organization. There is no middle ground, no compromise.
    For us to gather together to discuss how the Watchtower Society is wrong in this and that is not some collective effort to point out someone else's flaws to build ourselves up. Putting this board in that light is missing the forest for the trees, and it really takes a pretty good stretch of the imagination to even conceive the idea.
    The things said here must be said. Jesus said not to "put your lamp under a basket" (and I paraphrase), not to hide what you believe in other words. Jehovah's Witnesses don't put their lamp under a basket, they go out into the world and shine that lamp on everyone they can whether the recipient likes it or not. All of us here are well aware that many if not most average Witnesses are wonderful people and we love many of them dearly as family and spouses and friends. But we also are very concerned that they are being led like sheep by a "bad shepherd" and unfortunately we cannot simply rescue them in one fell swoop. We have to keep trying. Most of us are not able to even speak to them directly. We can only speak here and hope that our words are seeds falling on fertile ground as Jesus said.
    It's been said here before that it will take a massive shock to the Governing Body to bring change if change happens at all. The only shock we can help bring about is for more Witnesses to learn what the Watchtower doesn't tell them and rise up en masse.
    That day may or may not come. But if we don't try, if we place our lamps under baskets, then we can rest assured of no results.
    Why don't you hang around here some more and listen with an open mind. Do some research on the Witnesses on your own.
    Well, that's about all I have to say to you.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Mike.

"Well done, Blind Squirrel! You've found an impressive nut!

• zev
    zev

MikeNightHaShev:

hurl.

-Zev, honourary member, The hurling class
    __
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

WOW!!! Watch out for this guy you animals!

On his web page he says that he knows the secret wisdom of the name of God 4Q300I ii4=4Q299 2 i I4.

And I thought that I was the only one who knew! Word must be getting out.

• sf
    sf

Ahhhhhh behold the "messiah":

< http://members.tripod.com/~MikeNight/pics.html

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Mike,

You said:
    "will you sink to lowly personal attacks".

I vote yes........so bite me.
    jjs

PS if you are REALLY the MESSIAH could you do me a itty bitty favor? I'm having a little get together this evening and my wine celler is empty. If I fill the bathtub would you might being a dear and changing it to wine for me. I prefer a nice chablis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit