would you come to my funeral?

by Ms. Whip 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I don't want a traditional funeral. I want my ashes to be packed in fireworks and have them fired off while everyone stands in silence. I don't think I've done enough with my life for people to say anything.

• Frog
    Frog

come on sonny, you've only had 105years to make meaning out of your existence! Seriously though, sounds like you expect a terrible lot from yourself, which can be a positive source of enthusiasm if you let it. Frog x

• horrible life
    horrible life

Dear Sonnyboy:

I know we don't know each other. We (everybody at JWD) all care what happens to each other. I feel like I am close to many of you, in my short time

here. My step-son-in-law just passed away recently. My step-daughter had him cremated. She put his remains in a new part of the cemetary. It is 3 walls of cubbies, each cubbie is about a foot square. about 30 cubbies long, and 6 high. It has a beautiful garden in the middle. I now have a new respect for being cremated. It is cheaper, and it is a very pretty place. If you would like the address, please pm me. But I am sure there are many of these around the country.

Why am I telling you this? Because, I don't want SONNYBOY DUST falling out of the sky, when they shoot you off, falling onto my head and into my wine-cooler. Thank you HL

• Undecided
    Undecided

I've thought about what I would like my funeral to be like, but since I won't be there alive, what difference could it make to me? So I will let my remaining family do as they please with my dead body. Whatever makes them sad or happy is up to them.

Ken P.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sure.. when is it

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mrs Whip - That is a great plan. I would love to come and celebrate your life.

In my case - having been 'shunned by gossip' as an evil, demon worshipping, God-dishonoring, opposer to God's people, I doubt more than a few family would be at my funeral should I die soon. The witnesses actually 'shunned' my dead mother, by refusing to show at the funeral or send flowers, cards, or calls to me. Her sin was being my mother, and her having been a baptized [although inactive for years] witness for 45 years made no difference. What a bunch of hate filled, self righteious, pious persons they proved to be. So I know that no witnesses would be at mine. Some 'apostate' spirit might rub off my corpse.

On a lighter note; one guy I used to work with [ironically in the funeral industry] used to say that when he died he had instructed his wife to have him creamated, then ground into fine dust. He told her to take out a douche bag, put him in it, mix with water, and 'Run me through one last time, baby.' Sorry!

Jeff

• talesin
    talesin

whip

why can't i have my funeral while i'm alive and invite who ever i wanted? even if you don't know me, you could come and tell me how great i was and what a difference i made in your life.

I had the same thoughts a while back. After a few years of feeling really depressed about the probable lack of people at my funeral, I decided that I would tell other folks how much they mean to me NOW. I also decided I would be more humble, and apologize to folks first after an argument, misunderstanding or when I acted like a big old jerk.

As a result, I have the reputation in RL as being a big pile of mush. The best part is, that I have had some folks tell me what a dfference I made in their lives. As time goes by, I find I need those affirmations less and less. Just knowing that I try my best has become enough.

tal

• horrible life
    horrible life

I have told my husband, that I want my funeral in the evening, or on a Saturday, so he could get the most people there. If not, go down to the bridge and pay the homeless people to come. It's the numbers.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Some of you guys really crack me up.

I want to donate my organs and the rest of me can go to science experiments. My family can have a small memorial service with lots of pictures up, and tell stories about me. I don't care if it's a small group as long as my kids are there and hopefully think I was a great mom.

I hope I live to be really old for my kids' sakes. They don't have contact with their loser fathers.

• horrible life
    horrible life

How do JW's feel about donating organs, or your whole body to science? Donating my organs are a yes, but my whole body? I don't want any

giggling from the students in anatomy class. HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit