What is "the Report"?

by Kenneson 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I just ran across http://www.livingwatersforum.com with its heading proclaiming: "The Yorww Congregation Speaks as a 'Voice in the Wilderness' to All the Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses--Isaiah 40:3." They consider themselves Jehovah's Witnesses and are concerned with the Watchtower Society's apostasy and are therefore calling all Jehovah's Witnesses to repentance. Their spokesperson is Donald C. Burney, who is also the author of "The Report" book. The address given is Montgomery, Alabama.

Is anyone on this board a participant in that forum? Has anyone here read "The Report"? It seems that if you buy the book you are enrolled in a 90 day Yorww Bible Academy as well as their discussion forum. I really don't want to go through all that just to know what this book says and I don't want to enroll in an academy to be on a forum. Just a bit too restrictive for my taste. So, if someone here has read the book, maybe you could summarize it for us. Thanks.

• kls
    kls
    They consider themselves Jehovah's Witnesses and are concerned with the Watchtower Society's apostasy and are therefore calling all Jehovah's Witnesses to repentance.

My that is interesting and i hope someone here has cause i would like to hear more.

• martorii
    martorii

I remember something about 'the report' they used to post portions of that material on some public forums on the net a couple of years ago. But I don't remember too much.

From what I think, they claim to have someone like a prophet today who gives special revelations from God to people. But it's been a while since I've spoken with them ... I also think they have provided some instant messenger options for people to contact them. When I last talked to one of them they made some predictions about how the war in Irak would progress, but I don't believe their predictions came true ...

• gespro
    gespro

WOW Kenneson! What a find!!! Here's an excerpt from the info page about 'The Report':

http://www.livingwatersforum.com/report1.html

This document asserts that Jehovah's Witnesses are guilty of espousing or sponsoring teachings that are not in harmony with God's will, such as the teaching of 1914 being the year of Christ's Heavenly enthronement and many others. Jehovah's Witnesses are in danger of being found in the end, "false witnesses" of God and having their worship
    rendered completely "in vain." (1 Cor. 15:15; Matthew 15:8, 9) And in the end, THE "REPORT" document highlights that only a small portion, the "humble" among them, will indeed survive this ordeal and experience true spiritual "restoration." (See Matthew 17:11) Zephaniah 3:11, 12 says:

"In that day you [Israel] will not be ashamed because of all your dealings with which you
    transgressed against me, for then I shall remove from the midst of you your haughtily
    exultant ones
    ; and you will never again be haughty in my holy mountain. And I
    shall certainly let remain in the midst of you a people humble and lowly, and they will
    actually take refuge in the name of Jehovah."

As the prophecies indicate, "restoration" for the "humble" among "Israel" will be permanent, everlasting, since the verse says:

"You will never again be haughty in my holy mountain." - See also Amos 9:15

I'm finding this to be interesting...someone else calling the Dubs out on their 'terms'...

• vitty
    vitty

When I clicked on to register it said I was banned

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I had a copy back in the mid 90s. I contacted them with additional info about the organization. They wrote back and said that they were not interested in talking to "apostates". They consider themselves to be the "Two Witnesses" of Revelation. The Report reads like a watchtower...they criticize things like the money spent on building Patterson. They believe that witnesses have the truth, but have been led astay by a corupt leadership....and they are setting out to fix the problem.

I don't have my copy any longer...I don't remember what I did with it.

Coffee

• potleg
    potleg

If they believe the witnesses have the truth then count me out...and doesn't there seem to be a conflict in saying the witnesses have the truth but have been led astray?

Witnesses don't have the truth because they have been led by blind guides from day one...look at their record of failed predictions and ever changing beliefs, that tells you how much truth is within the org.

• Carmel
    Carmel

This sounds like "YOU KNOW" or Watchman!

carmel

• luna2
    luna2

I'm with you potleg. After reading about the Russell and Rutherford years, I had no doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses could not have been chosen by a loving, truthful and just God as his organization. They were screwed up from the get go. What's that scripture about the house with the foundation built on sand? Well, that's the WTS. What's the point in trying to reform something that has no basis in truth to begin with? You'd be better off starting a completely new religion.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I used to have a copy of the Report. I got it way back in 1994. Didn't know these guys were still around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit