Crazy stories of JW's sacrifices

by IronGland 30 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

I remember hearing of a failthful older brother who was attacked by vicious dogs while in service. Even though his clothes were shredded and he was bleeding he continued walking door to door to finish his assigned territory for that day.

• minimus
    minimus

OK, I'll make one up too. There was the little boy that Jehovah used to get all the magazines placed in the territory. Every single person took a magazine!

• kls
    kls

Well ya know ,in order to believe this story you need three witnesses to prove it

• IronGland
    IronGland

Im not making it up. (the story that is). Im sure its about as true as the one's I heard about families in Africa wading through crocodile infested waters to get to a meeting.

• kls
    kls
    Im not making it up. (the story that is).

I am sure this story has been told for many years and i am also sure that his magazines and bible were spared on a count of Jeh.

I heard this same BS when i was a dimwit and they just make me laugh.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Yeah,kls that the point of the thread. Im not saying they were true, just repeated. Wouldn't people think you were crazy showing up at their door with a ripped suit and bleeding profusely and then whipping out the WT? :O

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I remember hearing of a failthful older brother who was attacked by vicious dogs while in service. Even though his clothes were shredded and he was bleeding he continued walking door to door to finish his assigned territory for that day.

He showed such a good witness that the formerly vicious dogs turned their lives around, started a bible study and got baptized.

• IronGland
    IronGland

I guess it also explains why that little girls dog was falling into that chasm in the paradise restored book.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Im not making it up. (the story that is). Im sure its about as true as the one's I heard about families in Africa wading through crocodile infested waters to get to a meeting.

That's the one I was going to mention! Just their little way of making you feel guilty for not going to the meetings.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Never happened to me,

however when in the FS sometimes the brother or sister said when there was a big dog: just go in, Jehovah will protect us. I would say: sure go in dude, but not me. Then when needed to go alone, they did not trust so much on jehovah anymore....

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit