Judicial Elder wisdom LOL

by Shane 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Escargot
    Escargot

Well, the closest situation I encountered while serving as an elder was a brother that was seen going into a neighborhood bar regularly. As we all know, the WT does not trust its membership to go to places like a bar. I was assigned with another elder to talk to the brother.

The brother defended his “right” to get a drink now and then. The elder and I was very sympathetic to his points. The other elder asked if the brother could drink in another bar outside our area to avoid stumbling and stressing out the sheep. Case closed.

"Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection, send my credentials to the house of detention, I got some friends inside.....”
    The Doors

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Comic books???

Methinks you are confusing JWs with some more fundemental groups. I remeber as a waitress their was this one little toad that belonged to a very fundemental baptist groups that would leave a comic book of people going to hell for a tip.

JW's have never been out with comic books. Just had to say that....forgive me if I seem anal, hahah, but I cannot let that one go buy. =)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Au contraire, mon frere...

The "comic books" I'm referring to are called "The Watchtower' and "Awake!". They offer just a bit less scholarly content than "Spiderman" and serve to keep the flock uneducated and uninformed because they are filled with misrepresentations of fact, fragmentary quotes out of context and the watchtower's own style of urban legends.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Ahhhh.....I getcha now.
    Methinks I read and post too much in the wee hours. Maybe if I had read the post during normal hours my brain would have processed it.

Sorry for being so literal! =) It is my automatic JW response, hahah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit