Judicial Elder wisdom LOL

by Shane 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shane
    Shane

I got to go into the star chamber a few years ago, I remember when the elders handling the my case told me and they all seemed to be in agreement with stupid remark: " Now Bro., I want you to go out and do everything you always wanted to do, and get it out of your system before you come back to us wanting reinstatement! I was disgusted, I said: Wait just a dam min your all supposed to encourage me not to sin and guide me inn ways of righteousness, instead your telling me to go out and sin? I then said: "something's not right here, if there is a God someone will pay one day for mistreating one of his sheep.
    Question friends has anyone ever had the Borg MP's ever say that to you? Shane

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Shane,

To answer your question, No I have never had them say anything similar to me.

But I did want to take a moment to welcome you to the board, I don't believe I have spoken to you yet. So welcome I hope you are finding some kindred spirits here, I know I have.

think41self

"When agnostics die, do they go to the great perhaps"?

• peterstride
    peterstride

Welcome to the board Shane, where we can (for the most part) say what's on our minds without judgement! Unlike talking to the elders...

Welcome and enjoy the fellowship!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• jurs
    jurs

Hi Shane,

WOW, What an awful thing for them to say. I don't think most elders are like that but there definately are some very bad ones...
    Lucky for you that you met one. If thats what it took to get you to see that somethings not right, its a blessing in disquise. I also wanted to say hi and welcome.

jurs

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Shane,

I can't say I've ever heard elders say that. It's definitely sick! Why would they say to go sin and get it out of your system??? That's just irrational. But I'm glad that you've found us and hope you stick around. You'll find some interesting characters here as well as some friends!

Billygoat

• ReverendRoy
    ReverendRoy

Hi Shane and Welcome,
    I have never heard that one before! But as I continue to read posts nothing surprises me anymore (or it shouldn't anyway).

Reverend Roy
    "Why is it when we talk to God we're praying - but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic?"
    - Stop in at Reverend Roy's Voodoo Lounge where nothing is sacred: http://www.geocities.com/reverendroysvoodoolounge/

• shalom
    shalom

Hi Shane,
    No nobody said anything like that to me personally. But alot of young ones in our congregation did what we used to call the 'two year trip'. They would leave for awhile with another witness, have sex with them, then get married and then both get reinstated. I guess they had to 'try before you buy'. Still.... alot didn't come back too.
    shalom

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Hi Shane,

That's pretty much what I told myself as a teenager when I left the "trooth" for a couple years to "have fun". Not something I'd expect to hear from the elders, but then again, I'm a woman, might be the reason.

It's always interesting to hear what others have been through. Nice to meet you, hope you'll stick around.

Anne

"Too much of a good thing, is wonderful."

Mae West

• Shane
    Shane

It is my consensus that Elders say stupid things like that cause it all goes to their heads, men were not supposed to be lords and masters over us spiritually speaking. I am sure there is some of them that don't do that, but some are like bulls in a China closet. I still believe in God almighty very much, I feel that one day I will know the true secrets of my soul from God him self somehow. I remember the words of Jesus or Lord: " happy are those conscious of their spiritual need cause it will be filled", and happy are those being hurt for righteousness sack, for the kingdom of the heavens belongs to such like ones. ~ Shane

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...are you familiar with the comic strip "Dilbert"? Among other things, it lampoons the "wisdom" of business managers wheo really are not qualified for the jobs they hold.

...kinda like the JW elders... If you spend umpteen hours selling religious comic books door to door, and do a good job huffin' and puffin' at the podium, and you're a white male and you know how to "play ball," YOU TOO can be an elder!!!

So I give you "Jahbert". If I could draw a straight line without poking myself in the eye, I'd do it. But I can't, so I offer the idea to anyone who wants to run with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit