anyone watching the tour de france?

by lucky 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lucky
    lucky

we've been watching it on OLN. If you're watching, do you want Lance to win? Or are you rooting for someone else? (I'm especially curious about all you non-Americans)

• love11
    love11

Sorry- Nope!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I watch it everyday...at least the part where they kind of condense it down to a reasonable time. Lance Armstrong is my personal hero and the most amazing physical "machine" I've ever seen. I know a lot of people are sick of him; but I hope he wins this one last time, because it will probably be the last time I watch the tour. It really is the "Tour de Lance" to me. (And I also think he's cute, looks good in yellow and I love a guy with no lips...very sexy). HA!

cathy l.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm driving all my co-workers crazy by following the Tour this year. Lance is simply awesome - I'm listening to stage 11 on the Outdoor Life Network as I write this!

This is simply one of the greatest athletes who ever lived (plus he gets to go home and spend every night with Sheryl Crow - sorry I couldn't resist!! She sooooo resembles my girlfriend!!!)

Anyway, watching Lance and the Discovery Channel team on Tuesday, July 12, was just one of the most incredible athletic feats I've ever witnessed. It's hard being a fan of a "real" athlete, while living in a nation who considers overweight, overpaid baseball players as "athletes." Christ, Lance Armstrong peddles at amazing speeds up hillsides that most American athletes couldn't even walk up - or maybe even drive up!!

S4

• lucky
    lucky

Yeah, I'm watching stage 11 at the moment, too. I agree, yesterday was just awesome. My husband's been rooting for Jan Ullrich (I think he does it just cause I'm rooting for Lance, and for some reason it really bugs him that Lance weighs his food (although he definitely approves of the Sheryl Crow as girlfriend thing!)) But even he had to admit that Jan's days are probably numbered.

We always watch the three hour recap in the evening and have to avoid the media all day so we don't accidentally see or hear the results. Usually it's not a problem since cycling isn't too popular here, but yesterday they kept bringing it up on NPR when I was driving home from work (and I had to quick change the station), so I figured something big must have happened!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I just can't stand to watch too much of that sport. Too boring. But I am following Lance - and hope he wins again. I just think he is a terrific athlete. I don't see how anyone can ride a bycycle up those hills like those guys do.

Jeff

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yes I am watching it on eurosport.

I am not so nationalistic so I do not want somebody from my ountry to win. Have some favourites who I like. But I think lance is at the momet simply the best, and I guess that deserves it to win. But it makes it a bit boring though.

• Emma
    Emma

Ok, will somebody tell me what's happening?

• Special K
    Special K

I'm following in through the daily newpaper.

Here he got the yellow jersey back.

Hope he takes the win again.

Also,, DIDN'T Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow break up a few months back??

Special K

• Simon
    Simon

I'm rooting for Lance (even though he is one of them there "Merkans" )

It will be an amazing achievement if he wins it !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit