Unbled Meat

by lowly one 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lowly one
    lowly one

Note: The forth coming information is not intended to command or make a decesion in a conscience type matter but to present the information from another perspective. If anybody wants a pointed up version with pictures, it will cost you literally $1000.’s of US dollars inadvance.

Genesis 9:4 “Only flesh with its soul –it’s blood- you must not eat”…”it is the blood that makes atonement…As for any soul that eats a body [already] dead or something torn by a wild beast…” Leviticus 17:11,15

The original law placed upon the humans in reference to blood appears at Genesis 9:4 and although, it does not appear on it’s face but, later it was shown that blood separated from the animal carcass was not to be eaten and if it was the person would be cut off futher, the sole and only purpose for the use of the animal blood was to be for atonement.

And, if an animal carcass was to be eaten that had not been bled the person would be considered unclean and would requirer ceremonial cleaning of the clothing and body by water…to be clean. Leviticus 17

So, with the sacrifice of Jesus their would be no need of the blood of animals for atonement nor would their be a need for ceremonial type cleaning even if a person did eat unbled meat. Although not dealing with the subject of unbled meat, Paul certainly had an awarness of the possibility of unbled meat could be sold in a meat market, stated ‘Everything that is sold in a meat market keep eating, making no inquiry on account of Your conscience” 1Corinthians 10:25

As for blood transfusions, well, it appears to be an issue made up by a finanically rich society of people because us poor do not have need of blood transfusions. So, if you have eaten some unbled meat or if you have choosen to use the blood of another in a transfusion, in the end, what ultimately does Jehovah expect from you…” Genesis 9:5

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Note: The forth coming information is not intended to command or make a decesion in a conscience type matter but to present the information from another perspective. If anybody wants a pointed up version with pictures, it will cost you literally $1000.’s of US dollars inadvance.

Well at least tell us where we can get this printed up version that will cost supposedly thousands of US dollars?

Josie

• Scully
    Scully

No offense, but if I'm going to pay "literally $1000.'s of US dollars inadvance", I expect it to be spell-checked and proof-read accurately, at the very least.

Genesis 9:4 “Only flesh with its soul –it’s blood- you must not eat”…”it is the blood that makes atonement…As for any soul that eats a body [already] dead or something torn by a wild beast…” Leviticus 17:11,15

Not one of Jehovah's Witnesses has ever been able to tell me if this Law is so life-and-death important to follow about not eating unbled meat, why don't JWs purchase their meat from a Kosher butcher who has been trained in the appropriate methods for ensuring that blood has been properly drained from an animal carcass before eating it? Why do they trust their good standing with Jehovah to just anybody whom a supermarket is willing to hire and hand a meat cleaver to?

The original law placed upon the humans in reference to blood appears at Genesis 9:4 and although, it does not appear on it’s face but, later it was shown that blood separated from the animal carcass was not to be eaten and if it was the person would be cut off futher, the sole and only purpose for the use of the animal blood was to be for atonement.
    I get the feeling that you haven't noticed the colour of the "juice" that escapes from your BBQ steak or burgers. Did you know that it's PINK because it contains red blood cells?
    And, if an animal carcass was to be eaten that had not been bled the person would be considered unclean and would requirer ceremonial cleaning of the clothing and body by water…to be clean. Leviticus 17
    So what is the consequence for eating unbled meat again? Do they get "cut off" (aka executed)? or do they just need to have a bath? Did Jehovah have a change of heart or get mixed up on his commandments?
    So, with the sacrifice of Jesus their would be no need of the blood of animals for atonement nor would their be a need for ceremonial type cleaning even if a person did eat unbled meat. Although not dealing with the subject of unbled meat, Paul certainly had an awarness of the possibility of unbled meat could be sold in a meat market, stated ‘Everything that is sold in a meat market keep eating, making no inquiry on account of Your conscience” 1Corinthians 10:25
    So why did Paul say to the Corinthians that it was OK to "keep eating" "everything that is sold in a meat market" that may have been improperly bled or sacrificed to idols, when Paul also stated, in Acts 15:28, 29 "For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!" Why is Paul contradicting his own teachings?
    As for blood transfusions, well, it appears to be an issue made up by a finanically rich society of people because us poor do not have need of blood transfusions. So, if you have eaten some unbled meat or if you have choosen to use the blood of another in a transfusion, in the end, what ultimately does Jehovah expect from you…” Genesis 9:5
    Apparently neither Jehovah nor his messengers can make up their minds on what they expect of us. So I'm going to do what is in my own best interests and make up my own mind on the matter. If Jehovah and his messengers don't care enough about the issue to be crystal clear about the rules and the consequences for breaking the rules, why should I care at all?
  • Hellrider
    Hellrider

There`s one thing I`ve never understood: If the law of Moses was revoked after the coming of christ, why is the blood-law still in effect? I mean, we don`t stone rebellious children anymore, do we? And we don`t sacrifice animals, we won`t loose our place in ...paradise for working on the sabbath-day, etc. Why do they insist on keeping THAT law, when most of the others were removed with the coming of Christ?

Anyway, there is blood in all meat. I remember my alcoholic, ex-sailor-now-chef-uncle laughing and making fun of my mom for the "blood"-law. He was cooking dinner for the whole family, and held up a piece of red meat. "It`s red", he said. "Why do you think that is?". It`s because that no matter how long you bleed the animal/meat, there`s going to be some blood left. When the animal is bled, even if you kill it the kosher way, as the animal dies, coagulation sets in, and the blood becomes thicker and literally sticks in the animals weins. There`s no such thing as a blood-free piece of meat.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    There`s no such thing as a blood-free piece of meat.

I only found that out from this site - I used the think my boyfriend was lying when he said that my rare steak had blood in it. My mum and dad used to say its just the juices! and animal juice is what then, if not blood?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Taste a piece of properly hung meat and tell me that it's not 10 time better.

If your gods wanted you to get rid of all the blood then they shouldn't of made it so tasty.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

mtbatoon - now I'm sure you know I'd never turn down a piece of well-hung meat ... nudge nudge wink wink...

Seriously tho isn't hung meat a lot more "gamey" in taste?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    and the blood becomes thicker and literally sticks in the animals weins. There`s no such thing as a blood-free piece of meat.

I was told (by JW elder), that when animals are slaughtered kosher, only the upper part of the beast is eaten as this is well bled - the rest of the carcass is discarded (which is why Kosher meat is expensive).

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

MidwichCuckoo, yes, I guess it would be better bled than the rest of the animal (I`m not sure), but no matter how well you bleed it, there is going to be blood left in it. If you`d kill an animal, even by bleeding it to death, if you were to open it up afterwards and split open the weins, you would see coagulated blood. ((My older brother works in the meat industry,btw, started out as a butcher-apprentice (while he was still a JW, still he never thought about this then, lol),and is now higher up in the industry)). And even if you cook it well, that won`t change the fact that you will be eating a piece of meat with coagulated, cooked blood in it. The only reason why it`s not red anymore, is because it`s cooked. If you went to a restaurant in my country, and wanted to order a rare steak, you would say you wanted it done "blodig", which means "bloody"...So the ban on blood (and the kosher-rules of the jews) are really just leftovers from ancient beliefs and religious rules, that were created in times BEFORE science! Scientifically, there is still going to be some (coagulated) blood left in the weins of the animal (and the weins are everywhere)! So every non-vegetarian JW in the world eats blood every day..., they just don`t know it.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Scientifically, there is still going to be some (coagulated) blood left in the weins of the animal (and the weins are everywhere)!

Hellrider - maybe its the heat but I just felt the need to tell you how cute your accent is!

And thanks for the language lesson - I have learnt a new word - in fact my very first in Norwegian - blodig! I feel like coming to your country just so I can order my steak blodig!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit