Why do you come to JWD?

by jeanniebeanz 67 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
  • damselfly
    damselfly

Because it is the only place where I feel that i have a common bond with my peers.

And the stimulating conversation

Damselfly

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it's a real buzz to rub shoulders with so many people who are coming from the same place, but have gone in so many exotic directions.

it also helps to get some of this stuff that i have bottled up for decades, off of my chest, and onto the proverbial threshing floor.

JWD - i won't be here forever, but i'll always love you.

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

Because it was recommended to me by Joannadandy, who is a real life ex jw I grew up with. And because it provides and outlet for some questions, as well as a chance to share my experiences with people who have been there too.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

it is an outlet for me.

• Carol
    Carol

I came trying to find an old friend and have met a whole group of new friends (I hope!). It was lonesome in the "world" not having any friends that understood how I grew up and having to pretend when I did talk to my family that I was okay with their preaching and that I might come back!

I keep coming back to JWD for the sanity!

• damselfly
    damselfly

How about Jeannibeanz?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I finally can talk about things I can't do with others.

JW's are not allowed.

non jw's don't know what you talking about.

And I learn(ed) a lot here.

Danny

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I come here because I have found a group of people who understand where I've been. No matter how much one has managed to rebuild their lives after leaving the witnesses, and no matter how many new friends I've found, none really understand the reasons I am the way I am.

Here, there are many who have been there, or are still there, lurking about, trying to find that final reason to leave. They are trying to find something that will convince them to risk their fears and walk away. I hope that something I'll say will be that reason for someone to escape.

It's important that we share our experiences and reasons for leaving, whether it was our idea or not. It will help someone out there to leave, heal and recover.

We may have said things 10, 50 or 100 times, and maybe we fear that we will sound like a broken record to long-timers or worse, that we will sound like we cannot let it go, perhaps even sound bitter. But there is always that one person lurking who has just found this site TODAY, and it's news to them. If it was helpful to someone five years ago, it's helpful to a newcomer now.

That is why I come to JWD.

J

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thanks Jeanniebeanz!

I always enjoy your posts

Damselfly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit