KNOCKING --- NEWS

by Marvin Shilmer 36 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Marvin -

I looked at the KNOCKING site. I see a clear effort at what the Watchtower has always done so well, presentations with a single point of view that gives the organization credibility that it does not earn. Perhaps as suggested, Watchtower money has found a dupe to promote it's slanted cause.

Too bad this guy did not seek to look at things from a critical perspective, then the real story could be told.

Thanx for the contact info - I will be composing a protest to this film ever airing, to those you list.

Jeff

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

WooHoo!!!

Apostates = 1
    Watchtower = 0

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

first of all thanks for letting us know about this program KNOCKING and I will look into that site.

I didn't know any of this, so it is great when it is brought to our attention.

thanks . so lets get those JW sharks and tell the true story.

ofc

• yesidid
    yesidid

164 words sent.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

how about instead of trying to get the program off the air, try to get something on the air that has more of a balanced view.

This documetary...it seems to go over the lives of specific individuals from the site. I don't see how pushing PBS to not air it helps at all. Watch it, and send in comments to your local newspaper editorial section, and to PBS airing your concerns over anything you find that is inaccurate.

Free speech, free speech, free speech. Pushing the program off the air doesn't do much good really. This is what the WTS would try to do..actually actively DOES by bullying its rank and file to stay away from "apostate" literature and websites.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    The programming director for PBS has asked for the removal from the KNOCKING web site of language indicating the program will be aired on PBS.

I see they have not yet complied. http://www.knocking.org/getinfo.lasso

soon we hope.

• talesin
    talesin

Eyebrow2

I strongly disagree. Here's why. ;)

how about instead of trying to get the program off the air, try to get something on the air that has more of a balanced view.

We would need someone inside the industry to do this,,, I don't see anyone stepping forward.

This documetary...it seems to go over the lives of specific individuals from the site. I don't see how pushing PBS to not air it helps at all. Watch it, and send in comments to your local newspaper editorial section, and to PBS airing your concerns over anything you find that is inaccurate.

Millions of Americans who watch PBS never read the newspaper. The documentary is slanted, and does not appear to be fair and unbiased reporting. Is it a documentary, or propaganda? hmmm.... that is all we are asking PBS to do ... look at the facts, and determine whether or not this is truly a 'documentary'. Think back to the arguments about MM's film, 911, and the comments made about it ..

Free speech, free speech, free speech. Pushing the program off the air doesn't do much good really. This is what the WTS would try to do..actually actively DOES by bullying its rank and file to stay away from "apostate" literature and websites.

I see no bullying here. I see that we are trying to prevent the producers from 'pulling the wool' over PBS' eyes. It is not an unbiased documentary, rather an attempt to normalize a dangerous cult. Freedom of speech works both ways, and exJWs are entitled to it as well.

Respectfully,

tal

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Sent to: [email protected] Reg."Knocking" documentary on Jehovah Witness http://www.knocking.org/getinfo.lasso ------------- A 'heads up' on the JW's. I have JW kin in Naples Fla. who practice the Watchtower cult enforced ritual shunning that i have not seen or heard from in 15 years. I am not the only one,the 'fraud in the name of God' Jehovah's Witnesses have defrauded MILLIONS of followers. Danny Haszard POB 1503 Bangor Maine USA tel.# 207-XXX-XXXX email [email protected] ---------------- Jehovah's Witnesses - Who are they and what do they believe? Knocking at your Door-Benevolent Christians OR Wolves in Sheep's Clothing? UNLIKE in the case of Christians who are persecuted in other lands for talking about Jesus Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses are largely persecuted for following the teachings of their corporate headquarters. The deadbeat Watchtower corporation pays no municipal taxes on their buildings, without even one charity to compensate the community. [ Think! When was the last time you saw a Jehovah's Witness charity for the poor? ] The Watchtower is BIG money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That's just from one of their many corporations. Jehovah's Witnesses follow the teachings begun during the second presidency of the Watchtower, when Joseph F. Rutherford took over in a corporate flap and began changing doctrines quickly in the Watchtower belief system. He claimed that angels directly conveyed "truth" to some of those in leadership. He coined the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" to make them stand out from being witnesses of Jesus, a typical evangelical expression (and a Biblical one). Rutherford dumped holidays, birthdays and the 1874 date for the invisible return on Christ, and INVENTED an "earthly class" of Witnesses, since only 144,000 can go to heaven according to their teaching. The rest, meaning all 99.9% of Witnesses still alive, will live forever on a cleansed earth, under the rule of the Watchtower corporate headquarter leaders in heaven, who will keep them in line by local elders known as "princes." If you have been "witnessed to" by Jehovah's Witnesses and you reject their message, you will likely DIE "shortly" at Armageddon with all the other non-Witnesses, since theirs is the ONLY TRUE RELIGION, and (if they can live up to all the rules) they are the only ones to inhabit this "new earth." If you believe Witnesses seem rigid now, any non-conformist during the future "cleansed earth" will be directly destroyed by their god. Even now a Witness will be disfellowshipped (excommunicated) for any one of many gaffs, such as smoking, taking a blood transfusion, or even voting. To even vocally question the teachings of the Jehovah's Witness organization will result in complete cutting off, with family and friends usually being forbidden to talk to them. The Watchtower is a truly ORWELLIAN world, in a time when Orwellian societies are nearly obsolete. --------- In his "Adams Versus God," Melbourne broadcaster Phillip Adams said in 1985 that, according to US studies, "Jehovah's Witnesses are more likely to be admitted to psychiatric hospitals than the general population". "According to an article in the British Journal of Psychiatry," he said, "they are three times more likely to be diagnosed as suffering from schizophrenia and four times more likely to be paranoid schizophrenics. "As a writer in the American journal Free Inquiry puts it: 'Either the Jehovah's Witness sect tends to attract an excess of pre-psychotic individuals who may then break down, or else being a Jehovah's Witness is itself a stress that may precipitate psychosis. "'Possibly both of these factors operate together ...'" Are they knocking at your door? ยป Theologically,Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult of Christianity.The oppressive organization does not represent historical, Biblical Christianity in any way. Sociologically, it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths. {Footnote}
    What forensic psychologist say about cult leaders like Jim Jones and David Koresh.They are control freaks who will never abdicate control.They will choose death by suicide or a fiery fight to the very end.We can indeed see a comparison with the arrogant watchtower cult.

[Final note]; Jehovah's Witnesses have FOUR TIMES the 'pedophiles per capita' as the Catholic church! This is due to the Elder enforced code of silence.] References: www.freeminds.org
    Watchtower information site www.silentlambs.org
    Child advocacy and news on many child abuse lawsuits against the Watchtower www.DannyHaszard.com
    Watchtower whistleblower-Jehovah's Witness X 33 years and 3rd generation ----------------------------- Their immediate reply:

To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Reg."Knocking" documentary on Jehovah's Witnesses

Thank you for writing to PBS. Viewer input is very important to us and every message we receive is read and forwarded to the appropriate department. Due to the large volume of e-mail, we cannot guarantee a personal response to all inquiries. Please read on though, because your questions may be addressed in this message. Want to know when a program will air, or if it will be rebroadcast? Your local station can tell you! Visit  http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/  to see your local program schedule or contact your PBS member station. Looking for the website or mailing address for your favorite show? You can find contact information for most PBS Programs at  http://www.pbs.org/search/search_contacts.html  Looking for the mailing address of Ken Burns? Wondering why some PBS programs aren't closed-captioned? Hoping to contact your local station? Find the answers to these questions and many more--perhaps yours--at our Frequently Asked Questions page online at:  http://www.pbs.org/aboutpbs/aboutpbs_faqs.html  Interested in purchasing video products? Visit shopPBS at: http://www.shoppbs.com  or call PBS Home Video at (800) 645-4PBS. If you are an educator, visit Shop PBS for Teachers at:  http://www.shoppbs.com/teachers or call PBS Video at (800) 344-3337. You can find contact information for shopPBS at:  http://www.shoppbs.org/helpdesk/ Again, thank you for your interest in PBS. We hope you continue to enjoy and support the wide variety of programs and related services available from your local PBS station. PBS Viewer Services. 
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Eyebrow2 writes:

"Pushing the program off the air doesn't do much good really. This is what the WTS would try to do..actually actively DOES by bullying its rank and file to stay away from "apostate" literature and websites."

No one is trying to push the program off the air. No one is trying to squash free speech, except the WTS does inhibit free speech for JWs.

The effort is to persuade an honest and informative program, or else to prevent a religious propaganda tool financed with public money. The public has no interest in producing a documentary that is nothing more than a recruiting tool for the WTS! As things stand the KNOCKING program is following the WTS rhetoric like a script. It pretends the WTS is interested in civil liberties when its real interest is self-preservation. It pretends JWs refuse blood when JWs actually use massively from the donated and stored blood supply. It pretends to present a rounded picture of doctrinal effects such as from the WTS' blood doctrine, when in fact it is presenting the WTS' marketing page. The producers of KNOCKING actually believe that a JW asking for and receiving an advanced medical therapy somehow reflects the downside of the WTS blood doctrine! Nothing could be further from the truth! It is not the effect of receiving advanced medical therapeutics that doctors and the public criticize; it is the effect of forbidding the most advanced medical therapies to prevent premature death. KNOCKING does not show this downside, though it pretends to.

I encourage that you exercise your free speech by expressing yourself to the KNOCKING producers, ITVS and PBS however you see fit, remembering that public money provides funds to this project.

Marvin Shilmer

• Grace
    Grace

This is fantastic! I started a thread a few weeks ago on the same topic, and at that time I know many people emailed PBS. I believe it has to be a continual effort.

As an organized group of people with the same experiences, I believe we are more powerful than we think we may be. We should be lobbying consistently to shut this cult down (which, of course, they would see as a good sign and that Armageddon is nigh!).

I will write my share of emails before the sun sets tonight.

Grace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit