In defense of J-Dubs who post here, AKA JWD opposers!!!

by Check_Your_Premises 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I just got an IM from AFIN. Apparantly she can't post right now. I don't know what she did exactly, so I can't speak to her specific offense, but in general I think the absolutely wrong thing to do is ban J-Dubs who come here to debate.

I think we all can agree with the following statement: The most important thing is for us to find the truth.

The truth should never fear any examination, debate, questioning, or challenge. The truth should always welcome those things. The truth stands on it's own and trusts that these activities will always vindicate it.

Falsehood on the other hand requires darkness, silencing, banishment, and edicts from authority squelching any questioning of legitimacy. It can't stand on it's own without these things. Falsehood knows without these dishonest activites, it will be found lacking.

I therefore think it sends the wrong message to our JW brethren when we attack or ask for them to be banned. It shows that we don't have faith that truth can stand on it's own, or that we are afraid of the truth itself!!! Isn't that type of intolerance and intellectual cowardice why so many of you left the JW in the first place? Doesn't "banning" sound an awful lot like "disfellowshipping"?

Now I am not saying we should indulge disruptors. People who come here for no other reason then to keep us from having a conversation should not be allowed to remain. That is a form of "silencing" in itself, and prevents open debate. Such decisions should be made for anybody engaging in such behavior regardless of their beleifs. Ideally such a decision would be made from predefined rules. I am not saying this wasn't the case for AFIN, I am just saying this is the ideal. And finally, yes this is Simon's house. We are guests here. Whatever he says goes. I am merely advocating an ideal, and I hope we all will keep the spirit of that ideal in mind when our JW friends show up to spar. So here is my request that we simply beat the JW's here in the fair and open arena of ideas. We don't need to ban them. They "ban" themselves with their sad, misguided ideas. And as a Christian, I feel we have a need to show them all the compassion, love, and help we can. Lord knows they need it.

• kls
    kls

CYP , if jws want to post on a Apostate site i have no problem but i will not tolerate them calling names and that seems to be their practice as it is with AFIN.

• gringojj
    gringojj

CYP AFIN has apparently reached her posting limits for now. I guess the post in question was mine, My wifes struggle it was called. I agree and I think its fun when you start to really back them in a corner and watch them squirm its really fun but oh well. Please cut and paste the pm she sent you if you dont mind.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Yeah Gringo, I was jumping on AFIN there. That is why she IM'ed me.

Tell you what, AFIN, if you are out there, I will post the IM you sent me with your permission.

Just that one though, I am not going to serve as a proxy. I might get disfel... I mean banned myself!!!

CYP

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    but i will not tolerate them calling names and that seems to be their practice as it is with AFIN

Really, I like it!!! It shows that is all she has.

I even ended my last post to her with "and don't forget to ignore my questions and accuse me of something"

It is so fun to point out when that is all someone can do. It shows their impotence.

Sticks and stone K, sticks and stones.

AFIN and others who advocate the Watchtower on JWD are subject to the same rules as everyone else. If he/she can't live by them, too bad.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    AFIN and others who advocate the Watchtower on JWD are subject to the same rules as everyone else

I would never advocate anything else. Nothing I said implied or explicitly stated otherwise.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As long as they debate in a civilised manner then there is no reason why they shouldn't post, we don't want to be like the dubs who cut their opponent's speech short.

At the end of the day it's a case of using rational arguments to persuade your opponent about the correctness of your view.

Sorry, CYP, I didn't intend to imply that you did. I just have trouble feeling sorry for AFIN, given the insensitive comments I've seen posted by him/her towards others here who have suffered as a result of the Watchtower cult.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

In my opinion and I have done this with -afin- is if she posts something helpful or correct I say something incouraging or thank her.

If it is snotty or wrong I call her on it.

In my opinion afin is just another human trying to find and live a decent life. Just like we are doing.

I think she is confused and angry and doubtful, just as most of us were at one time or maybe even now.

Anyway she deserves at least a little respect.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit