DRAMA SUMMARY: 2005 District Convention - Pursue Goals That Honor God

by ithinkisee 35 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The only thing bible based in the drama were the names Timothy, Paul, Baranabas, Silas, Eunice, Lois. It was such BS that I sat there stunned the whole time trying to comprehend what was taking place.

• minimus
    minimus

Great summary!!!!!!!!!!!! ......Why does the Watchtower Society BLATANTLY add to the word of God? SHAME on them! Their lot is in the "lake of fire" according to Revelation.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Great; my son went to this one.

*sigh*

Now I think I will change my tack about schooling. It was to get enough education to provide for himself and future family. Now I am considering taking this head on, that the reason they don't want him to go to university is that once he gets a comparative religion course he will learn what complete nonsense it is.

P

• whatistruth
    whatistruth
    Why does the Watchtower Society BLATANTLY add to the word of God?

Exactly!!! As if they know what happend word for word back then. Don't they always read to the mormons "that if anyone adds to these words their lot is in the lake of fire". Yet they do it all the time. Anything to pursue their goal of converting people, or converting the converted so they will be the "perfect" jehovah's witness.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    The only thing bible based in the drama were the names Timothy, Paul, Baranabas, Silas, Eunice, Lois. It was such BS that I sat there stunned the whole time trying to comprehend what was taking place.

Jonathan was a made-up friend, correct? I've looked in around Timothy's life ... didn't know if I missed something. -ithinkisee

• JeffT
    JeffT

One of the big things that pushed me over the edge was a Circuit Assembly in the spring of 1988 that really pushed the evils of education because the end was so close. I just couldn't bring myself to sentencing my children (the older two were just entering middle school) to a life of cleaning toilets or whatever.

My research started right after that.

• Mary
    Mary

What a load of regurgitated dog shit..........the reason why they're "emphasizing" the no-higher-education yet again is because they're losing too many younguns this way. JW kids are going off to colleges and universities without a backward glance so the old farts in Brooklyn have decided to tighten up the reigns on this subject yet again. They pulled this same crap in the 1970s when they "allowed" groups to study the bible without the Society's publications. The result was disastrous from the Borg's point of view because everyone could see that their teachings were built on sand, not the bible, so they tightened the reigns and forbade anyone from doing this lest they be exposed as a bunch of incompetent assholes.

Thankfully, the young ones today don't seem to be accepting the GB's point of view on higher education and they're going off anyway, much to the old men's annoyance. I wouldn't be surprised if one day going to university was a disfellowshipping offense.

• Prefect
    Prefect

I fell asleep so I missed most of it.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I wouldn't be surprised if one day going to university was a disfellowshipping offense.

If it were, you can bet that dubbies all around the world would swear up and down that it never happens.

BTW...isn't the soceity sending it own "mature men" to law school on the R\F's dime?

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

this is wierd it was exactly the same drame in england, i knew they were controling us ALL but absolutely everything was the same supose im being thick tho i knew that already, i used to think it was wonderful how when you went on hol they did the same watchtower etc know i realise its a control thing!

a memeber of my family did the drama talk here and i was pretty proud thought he had sorted it himself shows how little i knew.

listener is right it is the oNly bit kids pay attention to good tatics there eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit