Life after Jehovahs Witnesses

by WILKO 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• WILKO
    WILKO

I was brought up a JW untill I was seventeen, even got baptized. When I was seventeen I got disfellowshipped. Tried for about three years of sitting in a hall of non stop ignorant people claming to be Christian, is it christian to be ignorant or just rude? (thoughts, please) I was so proud, never missed a meeting or a convention, loads in the congregation being disgruntled and gossiping because the elders wouldnt reinstate me, love to make gossip by the way! Then I got a bit fed up, it limbo because you cant have worldly friends but cant in the congregation. Got married to a worldy bloke, which despite how I was brought up is the most trustworthy man on the planet. I thought that would not be possible for a worldly bloke. Nine years later am having my first baby. I just wanted to say that I know at the time you think you cant go on without something that was such a big part of your life and for a while its strange, but then you get over it all, move on the same way as you do anything else and you are happy. I found out that i truly dont need them and are actually better off without them, although I do miss the gossiping bits.

Now i look at them in the street going from door to door in their suits and think, god, (no pun intended) are you still working the same old territory, waiting for armageddon.

Good luck to everyone. For those who remember me get in touch. I was in Holmfirth congregation.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Holmfirth Yorkshire? I'm just down the road in Huddersfield, never been to Yorkshire cong being as I left before moving away from my home town of Chatham though . Congrats on your future family addition.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum.

I am surprised that they left you in no man's land for 3 years they must be quite hard elders but in the end it worked out fine because you didn't go back to the slavery of the borg.

The jws are ignorant because their leadership doesn't allow them to study religious information from non jw sources and what they feed them is not only limited but also erroneous especially their major seduction, the eternal paradise that is soon to become a reality.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome WILKO - Congratulations on getting a ''Wordly'' bloke and your forthcoming addition

is it christian to be ignorant or just rude? (thoughts, please)

Gosh - that's a tough question. It's Ignorance in EVERY sense of the word.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

What a lovely message Wilko - I guessed you must be a Brit with that name! LOL!

Its great to hear that you are happy and successful and with a good man and congrats on the bun in the oven.

love crumpet x

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Hello Wilko, great to hear such a positive story.

As for gossip, this place is a good one to gossip in. For instance, I hear that MidwichCuckoo is a drunk, and Crumpet steals sweets from children, but don't tell them I said that.

ig.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome fellow northerner (although wrong side of the pennines ) It was great to hear your story and hear that for you there is indeed life after Jehovahs Witnesses. Hope to see you round the forum and look forward to seeing many more posts.

DB74

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hey hey another Brit. Great Welcome to the site!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome Wilko, nice to have you here.

cj

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Welcome Wilko - oh how wonderful you don't have to worry about all that cultish stuff anymore.

Yes there is life after JWs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit