are you pessimistic or optimistic about the future?

by nowisee 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I am positive about the future.

A said, things come and go. It has always been that things turned out better after a bad period. Better then they were before. In my opinion things are a lot better then before 1914.

I think we (humans) have come already from far. Things that use to be very normal (like slavery) are (almost) non existent now. In the awareness things are improving.

Personally I believe that we will live forever in a paradise on earth, someday. Well I am not going to see this. And we do not need any GOD to do it. W can manage our own.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Optimistic. Probably too optimistic....

• greendawn
    greendawn

We are lucky in that we live in the rich developped world and not in some poor third world country, even though they make their lot worse by having many more children than the economic growth of their countries can take.

I feel optimistic about the future though no one can tell exactly how things will develop in the long term.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    even though they make their lot worse by having many more children than the economic growth of their countries can take.

Thank the Gods that the developed west has never gone in and exploited theses people, that would really send them down the sh*ter.

• jula71
    jula71

I was raised to be a pessimist, like most dub's are. Always afraid of the future, fear of the "great war", afraid of not making the cut to get in. Always afraid I'm not doing enough. But now, I'm growing to be very optimistic. The future is can be bright and is what you make it or what you perceive it to be. One thing to keep in mind though, fear is a large and well used political tool. Both side use it. Democrats use fear against Social Security reform, "Republicans and the like want to take all SS and force you to live on cat food." Republicans have used it, "terrorist's have nukes and will use them." You have to take shows like that with a grain of salt. Fear is being used as a tactic, in that instance, against capitalism. edited to add: I just checked the shows website. It was made with help from Michael Moore and my fav, Noam Chomsky. There's a couple guys with an agenda !!!!!

• nowisee
    nowisee

thx everyone for your comments and thoughtfulness.

(hey bebu! nice to see you as always!)

• acadian
    acadian

You grow up, you grow old,. you DIE! I think that pretty much sums it up.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'm an optimistic pessimist... or is it a pessimistic optimist...

Either way my glass is always half full....or is it half empty...?

Damn...

I'm gonna have to sleep on it and let you know later...

u/d (of the procrastinator class)

• bebu
    bebu

nowisee,

Hope you are feeling well!!!!

bebu

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i am optimistic. it's tough sometimes, but it's worth it in the long run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit