Notes from the Wallkill Printery Dedication - May 16, 2005

by acsot 18 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

5 years at a college washing windows!!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How does he know what a college education entails, being that college is frownd upon?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Also, now we can get a college degree that normally takes five years in just a few months?

• acsot
    acsot
    Surely these quotes are just made up by The Imaginary Friends Committee.

hehe, I bet you're right!

Here are some more, I'll try not to editorialize:

Jaracz' opening remarks: "We may need to quicken our pace in line with 2 Thess.3:1: 'That the word of Jehovah may keep moving speedily.' " He then describes various building projects in Brooklyn and Wallkill. "All this expansion has come about through united efforts and primarily with Jehovah's blessing."

(My boss just came in, gotta make this quick)

"Charles Feckel said that the successful printing by ones with little or no experience was evidence of the direction of Jehovah's spirit. ... Brother Barber's first assignment was loading booklets into the stitcher. His overseer said: "Hurry up and get the work done because Armageddon is coming!" Brother Barber chuckled and said that they hurried but Armageddon isn't here yet!"

An interview with R.B. came to Bethel in 1946. He was assigned as pressroom overseer in 1950, buth e left in 1954 to get married. He and his wife raised three sons, who all went to Bethel, making up for the time he had lost.

(gotta do some work, will try and type out more later)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    the foreman of said company told the dubs that "what he learned in his few months at Watchtower was comparable to five years of college".

Funny how they keep repeating urban legends as though they recently happened.

• Mary
    Mary
    the foreman of said company told the dubs that "what he learned in his few months at Watchtower was comparable to five years of college".

Oh good god, I do want to vomit at that .......I'd love to get the name of this imaginary foreman but perhaps he's in the land of Honalee with Puff the Magic Dragon and offer him a free bible study.

Acsot (of the shamelessly trying-to-imitate-Mary's hysterical posts) class.

Oh aren't you sweet.........immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• rebel8
    rebel8

He is either with Puff or has been puffing!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

How the hell do they know what compares to college? When was the last time they went to university???

Even if the HAD gone in the past, they wouldn't recognize the curriculum today. Bunch of duluded, self-absorbed dweebs.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hell... the WTS has been warning JWs to avoid college. Does this mean JWs should start avoiding Bethel since it is similar to college? Veeery interesting how the brag that they are like something that they condemn. Could this be latant envy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit