All things considered, when will THE JW religion end?

by sowhatnow 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    In my opinion if you could time travel to 250 years in the future the JW's will still exist. We should all really get used to the idea they will be here for the rest of our lives and try to focus on enjoying our freedom from them.
  • apostrate
    apostrate

cleanideas,

That's basically what I'm saying as well. When I say that they will be around as long as there is money coming in, I'm saying that's a long, long time. Because, as a wise man once said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

When I discovered that the WT was not the truth I figured that they would shut down in a few short years. Now I know better. A large portion of JW's simply don't care whether it is true or not, it's a comfortable old worn out shirt to them.

And there's enough people with that attitude to keep the WT going financially for a very long time!

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The "truth" that I got 19 years ago is fundamentally different than today...

Thus, in the future it will be fundamentally different, that is how cults survive...the JW's will always be here, it is just their beliefs will evolve and change.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

I have to agree with other posters. They will be around for a long time. They are a niche religion and there will always be personality types that will fit it quite well.

If the GB got up tomorrow and said right out "We are a sham", someone below them would cut/paste a bunch of scriptures to show that this was part of prophecy and ret-con their history again, etc. My mother and the rest of my family would buy it as they are so invested that they will ride this bus all the way down the precipice.

I have day dreams where I get to see my family again. But it is just that. I am pretty much resolved to the idea that I will not get to see any of them or for that matter bury my own mother when the time comes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit