More Gilead class gems...

by sir82 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Following with more snippets of e-mails from a current Gileadite, who updates his friends & faimily with clumps of spiritual enlightenment from time to time.

Today's installment from the altar of higher education...er no wait, this education isn't so high...er something like that...

...In Malachi the priests were not instructing properly, allowing all sorts
    of lame offerings and allowing Jewish men to divorce without valid reason
    and then complaining to Jehovah about the consequences. (Malachi 3:17)
    This was in violation of the law and unscriptural. The instructor said
    that years ago the Watchtower could say that there was no unscriptural
    divorce or hardly any divorce at all in the organization. But the same
    can't be said today. It is really ruining the reputation of some
    congregations today. It is sad to see that many are not learning from
    the same bad mistakes of the past...

So it seems that all is not so peachy among the happiest people on earth who are living in a spiritual paradise amidst this benighted world....

See, you slackers just aren't thinking of the big picture again. Your selfishly getting divorces is "really ruining the reputation of the congregations today". If all you unclean divorcees would have just re-read the book of Malachi, all of this could have been avoided.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup...and look what jah did to the priests

• Spook
    Spook

One of many reasons not to uphold a semitic mythology full of fantastical rants, class oppression, and social attrocities as being a literally true guide for life.

• proplog2
    proplog2

The JW divorce rate has been about 50% for as long as I can remember. I keep a tally of witness weddings I've been to and how many are still together. Result - 50%. This proves that all the marriage advice and dating precautions aren't worth the time.

Divorce is usually the result of temperament clashes. You find out after a year or two of sex that you really don't "like" the person so you look for someone else. Probably 30% of the marriages that last are good matches. Another 20% are not bad enough to go through the work of divorce. Another 10% are horrible and probably involve an addict of some sort and their enabler/care-giver. Divorce is often a healthy decision.

Marriage was NOT made in heaven. Like all human institutions it is a way of life that emerges from biological, economic trade-offs that give survival a slight edge.

They never mention the large number of frustrated single men and women among JW's who never marry because they aren't especially good looking. They pioneer thinking God is going to give them a husband. Eventually, they find their permanent mate - anti-depressants. To make matters worse they tell them they can't look for another JW on the internet, where they might have a chance of making a connection. Normally, these people have a larger population to select from but JW's are a small universe. If you are a plain-jane or pill-bill - nobody is going to help you make a match.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Dead On...proplog2

u/d (of the everyone deserves a good mate class)

• proplog2
    proplog2

Like divorce was a problem under the old covenant!!!

The law allowed polygamy and concubinage. A man could have sex with any of his female servants. Adultery was involved only if you took someone's wife.

The longest lasting marriages in Israel were those involving fornication with a virgin. You couldn't divorce a woman if you had sex with her without paying the father(pimp-daddy) the "price".

Yes the law was perfect - for MEN.

JW's are still a bunch of wannabe JEWS and Gilead is their Yeshiva.

• minimus
    minimus

Proplog----that was very insightful.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like a hint that the WTS really is starting another purge. Once they get all of the nasty "undesirables" out they will have their perfect little organization again that is free of human imperfections.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus: Of course it was insightful - it was anti-JW. I have positive things to say about JW's also - but I've been a little more pissed than usual since I turned 60.

• minimus
    minimus

Good, Prop. By the time you're 70, you'll be a "mighty one" and wiser than you are now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit