The first day you found this site.....

by PaulJ 33 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

How did you feel? What was your situaltion with the JW's?

Personally I had left by DAing myself 2 and a half years ago. When I found this site (the day I joined) it was like waking up with the sun in my eyes, couldnt see what was going on- my mind was flooded with information. Bit by bit tho the penny started to drop. It has been of such a help in understanding the 'truth about the 'truth'.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

IT was actually the day after one of the preliminary Judicial Committee meetings for myself....

I had feelings, and wasn't sure how to manifest them. I knew I wanted to leave the truth, but I didn't know how.

I felt great, and have since!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The first time I came by this site was as much of an epiphany to myself too...almost like being on the road to damascus (sp?).

I had been going through the net and googled Jehovahs Witnesses after being out properly for over 7 years but hadnt realised just how mentally tied I still was; then through another website I got access to JWD and my need to know more became more and more apparent.

I read all about how the indoctrination process worked phsychologically (I was brought up in the Borg so had no real idea) and whilst I had pondered over their practices and teachings and different elements previously, I had never followed through with any further in depth research, somehow something always stopped me; I was later to realise that it was the demonised view of free thinking that had prevented me from going further into it.

So the voyage began and still is ongoing but I will never forget my first day on JWD and to this day I am ever thankful to Simon and Angharad and everyone who posts here for their hard work and experiences.

DB74

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    I read all about how the indoctrination process worked phsychologically

Was this a particular book or something? I still struggle to call the JW's a cult, part of me still believes that I had a free will while in the org. I guess it could be Im in denial of this, Im not sure.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

PaulJ You have a PM matey...I will post the link for the website that gave me a link to here too....its brilliant...if you havent seen it already you must spend a day just trawling through the information it provides.

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm

• greendawn
    greendawn

I came across this site long after disass/ing there was no internet in those days, and I really liked the amount and quality of information one could find here on the nature and history of the org and also the personal stories posted here.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Purely accidental - I was Googling something else and it threw up this site - I had a bit of a lurk imagining it was frequented by weirdos........and, well....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Same as midwich. I found it by accident. The first day I found this site I was knackered cos I couldnt get off it for 48 hours.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I was bored at work and feeling down with the after x-mas “why can't my family just be normal” thoughts and did a search. Found out about all the scandals and introduced myself. Took the day off work, went home and had a damn good read till about 2 in the morning. The wife was a bit apprehensive as previous JW searches on t'internet have just made me more depressed but many of the stories and things she's found out have help me open up to her more, for that I'm most grateful.

• lucky
    lucky

I had been out for about three years before I had the guts to type "Jehovah's Witnesses" into google. I made it here after about 24 straight hours on Randy's site. My heart was beating a mile a minute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit