evolution talk

by googlemagoogle 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

it's surprising how much competence and knowledge a fellow brother needs to have on a topic to have a public talk about it on stage...

sunday morning, i pop in right after the song (i always do... i HATE singing klingon melodies). the talk already started. i sit down and listen, something bout evolution... then my stomache starts to hurt because of the truths being told.

he that hath an ear, let him hear the logic of the true believer:

- instead of believing what scientists say, shouldn't we better trust in a book we know to be true?
    - the bible was written BEFORE that erm... funny.. erm... evolution story came up, so we got reason to believe what the bible says.
    - evolutionists take chance and mix it with time, long time, and even longer time. they explain away anything with long time periods.
    - believing in the bible is better, because evolution does not provide any hope for the future! (that's my fav, that's like "gravity does not provide any hope for the future")
    - the brain is so complex that it must be for eternal life (why the heck do i still forget things then)
    - if evolution was right, we wouldn't need such a complex brain
    - even the "encyclopaedia britannica" which we got many quotes from mentions that humans and primates are one kind. but the bible states that god made every animal after it's kind, and humans are one kind. so logically evolution can't be true.

there were many more holy words of truth that very hour. but they were far above my level of understanding, so i won't even try to utter them.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    there were many more holy words of truth that very hour. but they were far above my level of understanding, so i won't even try to utter them.

LOL - google - more than likely they were so stupid your extrememly complex brain had no where to put them and they were immediately discarded - like SPAM!

It's no wonder they keep harping on the evils of college!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It was so nausiating to listen to those evolution talks - I felt embarassed for the speaker usually.

The last one I heard was a some doofus that said he could go on and on with technical "proofs" that evolution isnt true, but decided to focus on one very obvious proof of creation - the common household cat. How could that come about by chance? Kittens are so cute. It really made me laugh hard.

GBL

• tdogg
    tdogg

Did he thorw in the "platypus argument", come on tell me he did, please? It is one of my favorites.

I dont know how you can make it though a public talk, but my sympathies are with you. Maybe a shot of black tar heroin will get you through the next one?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Oh how the platypus is wonderfully made!

GBL

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    a book we KNOW to be true.....

THE TRUTH is really hard to determine because even a good model which fits all known facts can be shown wrong tomorrow with a

single exception.....but lies are always easy to spot....

they are misrepresentations of belief as fact....as is the blatant case above.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"we are wonderfully made"

ARHH ! i have heard part of the incantation!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/94039/1594396/post.ashx#1594396

i have decided that instead of focusing on technical proofs against this dude's talk, i would focus on one very obvious proof of evolution: the average witnoid .

it has been shown that this particular specimen has evolved along with the rest of h. sapien for a very very long time. but instead of looking around, like the rest of the sapiens , and seeing that it is obvious we evolved over time from a common ancestor that we share with the Pan Genus, he looks around and marvels at how perfectly he fits this world we live in, evil and all.

he doesn't look at himself in the mirror and see an ugly hairless ape that is all alone in this universe, but rather he sees God. He sees Satan. he sees ghosts and ghoulies . this is not evidence in support of neuro -anthropology for him, but rather that he is the missing piece of the puzzle, the pinnacle of his Mirror God's great creation. like a puddle, he sees not that he fills the indent in the ground as best he can (his niche), but that the indent in the ground was obviously put there by a Puddle God, for him to perfectly fill, of course (source: Dawkins ).

since he feels that he is really a special guy, because it is so obvious that joe hoba loves him regardless of the fact that god crippled his genome, he decides to go and spread this belief system to other credulous unsuspecting h. sapiens .

this is how his mind virus survives. this is how his tribe is held together. this is how they make it. this is evolution, in action. pitiless, indifferent, and blind to stupidity.

hilarious, google.

• Dustin
    Dustin

It always bothers me when they do the whole "book we know is true" lines about the Bible. Did it ever occur to them that some random old dudes made most of that crap up. They talk about all the inconsitencies in the Evolution theory, while failing to realize the Bible has a lot more. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's right.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Do you not find it an odd coincidence that we share 98.9 % of our genome with chimpanzees? Now why would god do that? To deliberately trick us? WHat of the fossil evidence

of australopithecines, homo erectus, ergaster, robustus? All hoaxes created by god to trick us into accepting the theory of evolution? Come on people, read more science, I promise you will like it !

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Do you not find it an odd coincidence that we share 98.9 % of our genome with chimpanzees?

...junk and all. really rather daft of god, wouldn't you say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit