Do you have any 'holdover' beliefs?

by AllAlongTheWatchtower 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apocalypseno
    apocalypseno

I still believe birthdays and xmas are of pagan origin, but at the same time, thanks to the Society's use of Weigall's book THE PAGANISM IN OUR CHRISTIANITY, I also believe Christ is if pagan origin, as well as other biblical myths.

ANO

• PRAISETHELORD
    PRAISETHELORD

When you say its hard to believe one person is playing three different roles,yes that is hard to believe but we are not talking about just plain ol' people we are talking about OUR GOD! The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit arent just ordinary people.ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH GOD! They are all equal but they play different role.

I attend a Baptist church and I'm learning it their way.I work with a couple of JW and time to time we have our disagreements I believe it is a cult in many ways.The people I work with they seem to have no joy in their life always so doom and gloom and I ask what did you learn this week at the Kingdom Hall.When I go to church we Praise the Lord just like the bible says and I think thats were alot of the joy comes in.Where does Jesus Christ come in in a JW life. I always here them Thanking Jehovah yes thank GOD but thank Jesus also he died for us.We are all sinners so celebrating holidays and BDays doesnt make you any worse a sin is a sin.Its all part of the cult its just one way to be different then everyone else.

• kls
    kls

Welcome PraisetheLord,

We are all sinners so celebrating holidays and BDays doesnt make you any worse a sin is a sin.Its all part of the cult its just one way to be different then everyone else.

Good thought

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is no Trinity it is the most obnoxious doctrine ever

There is no hellfire it is also an obnoxious doctrine

Religion is a snare and racket

Birthdays and Xmas are of Pagan Origin as is Easter

• damselfly
    damselfly

I thought that I didn't until I started to join this site. Then I had a mini panic attack about *gasp* apostates!

Now I guess I am one

Damselfly

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I will not allow myself to be hypnotized. I have had the opportunity more than once. I remember my mom telling me satan and his demons could get control of my mind because it would be "open". I don't believe in such rubbish but still I have a fear of being hypnotized.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I too will not salute a flag, or pay tribute to an icon--political, religious or societal.

I don't have a problem with Xmas and other holidays, but I don't do it. I have some fairly well off friends, so me shopping for them would be retarded to say the least. If I do ever buy them gifts, it is just simple, little stuff or things I might make.

The WTS extracted me from alot of the things that "normal" people are wound up in, the final trick was to do the same with the WTS. I'm done with extremists. Oddly, that kinda makes me an extremeist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit