im stuck on guitar

by tsunami_rid3r 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Try Rolf Harris's version. It's so easy.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

What is it with Stairway to Heaven and guitar shops? I remember the shop owner in Wayne's World saying not to do it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I've never heard of Hairway to Steven.

W.Once

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

What is it with Stairway to Heaven and guitar shops?

because every ongoing guitar hero who (just like tsunami will soon) figured out how to play stairway to heaven, will play it to "test the guitars" in the shop and impress his mates... "wow! he can play like jimmy page!" you know.

each and every guitar-shop employee and frequent customer is so sick of that song, you can't imagine.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

lol google I know what you mean!

Yes I know "testing the guitars" Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttttt

I'd rather play evanescence music while 'testing' the guitars

Evanescence "pride a deadly sin and a pain in guitar shops!"

• tsunami_rid3r
  • googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

it's not hard, but i guess you should first look into chords. it's all chords...

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i dont have a teacher too. i'm just learning off the net. do you know any links for chords?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    DON'T EVER PLAY "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" IN A GUITAR-SHOP!

Someone's been watching too much Wayne's World!

Kwin

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

basically you use your index finger to press all strings (at least from D to E) on the 5th fret. don't ever remove it from there until later on.

for the initial 7-5-5-5 simply use your ringfinger to hold the 7th fret on the D string. play it.

for the 6/7-5-5-7 you keep your index finger pressing the 5s. move your ringfinger from the D string to the E string, still on the 7th fret. use your middle finger to hold the 6th fret on the D string. play it.

now, while still holding the 5th fret with your index finger, press the 8th fret on the E string with your little finger.

after that, move your whole hand down to the second fret, try to figure out the rest, you get the picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit