Those who have not defiled themselves with women

by Doug Mason 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I am seeking a copy of this article:

“Those Who Have Not Defiled Themselves with Women”: Revelation 14:4 and the Book of Enoch, Daniel Carl Olson, Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 59.3, 1997, pages 492-510, ISSN: 0008-7912

If someone is able to locate a copy, you will find my email address at:

http://www.jwstudies.com/contact_me.html

Thanks,

Doug

• Simon
    Simon

Isn't the bible theme: "women are dirty"

Such a weird book but even more so if you try to imagine it being of divine origin.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bible: "Those disgusting women, they are revolting, if you touch one you are filthy forever."

Christians: "My religion teaches me to be so respectful of women!"

Mmmmhmmm. 

*fap*fap*fap*

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

There is no doubt that the writer(s) of Revelation were mysoginists (as was the anonymous writer of 1 Peter).

For the book of Revelation, good men are virgins and therefore are pure and undefiled, whereas the women are portrayed as harlots. In the Mosaic Law, people who engaged in sexual activity were deemed unclean for a time.

The people who wrote this stuff came from a different culture, from a different time, with different standards and understandings. This is not an excuse, but an observation.

Doug

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Isn't the bible theme: "women are dirty".....Simon

Just Hose Them Off!!                               They Clean Up Nicely..

• Simon
    Simon
    The people who wrote this stuff came from a different culture, from a different time, with different standards and understandings. This is not an excuse, but an observation.

Exactly. The people who wrote this crap were men - dumb selfish men from an unenlightened age.

Not the work of a divine being at all.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Have you tried contacting a Catholic university or college to see if they have a copy in their library? Perhaps you have one nearby. I doubt that if they do you'll be able to check it out but they might allow you to read it in their library.

Also, you may try contacting the offices of Catholic Biblical Quarterly and see if they can send you a photocopy of the article. 

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

"Those disgusting women, they are revolting, if you touch one you are filthy forever."

What if I touch two, or three?

Ok, how about three or more?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I just found a source at http://catholicbiblical.org/publications/cbq. They say that copies for back issues dating from 1965 are available for $10 an article.
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    I always imagined the ancient Israelites to be rather like the Woodabe of West Africa. Men were the sex objects, and women chose not only the wealthiest and most pious, but especially the most handsome husbands whether they were already married or not. Even in modern Judaism a man cannot initiate a divorce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit