Pearl Jam

by damselfly 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks! I have a few people looking out for me! If I find some, you and Mr. Fly wanna go? It could be a double-date!

Kwin

• talesin
    talesin

Kwin,

Maybe I can win some for ya on the radio .. they always have call-ins the 'week of', and I'm very LUCKY with those things (ah, I still love using that word, after all these years).

You'll have to remind me, though! hehe, then you will owe me BIG TIME.

t

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Tal, If you won, I'd take you with me and leave Mrs. Kwin at home!

Kwin

• damselfly
    damselfly

I've never been on a date before

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I've never been on a date before

Well, I guess Mr. Fly just expects you to be happy with him getting up at 4am for Pearl Jam tickets. The nerve!

Kwin

• damselfly
    damselfly

I am a princess and deserve to be treated like one!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Kwin

• chrissy
    chrissy
    Sleater Kinney is the opening act on the east coast, I have no idea who they are but feel like I should.

Sleater-Kinney is a three girl band from Portland (and yes they play their own instruments!). They started out like these indie political riot-type girls, but have evolved into a more mainstream band these days. If you go see them with Pearl Jam (or not), either way... I highly recommend their new album, The Woods. So good!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey Damsel

How was the Pearl Jam gig? when I saw them they were insane about security and moshing; 20000 went through pat-downs before getting into the gig! We weren't allowed to jump around (in front of out seats, there was no standing area), and the lights were turned on three songs before the encore to totally cold us down. They were apparently afraid of the crushing deaths they've had at their gigs before. I suppose it would be a bit of a drag...

At our conventions there would be at least one fatal heart attack every year, and of course it was okay because they died where they were happiest. Now if there had been a moshpit at the conventions, I'd have been all over it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit