My wifes struggle

by gringojj 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully
  • My blood card is ten years old and I have not yet been reinstated as a publisher. How do I get a new card?
  • I have completed two additional book studies and have faithfully attended the meetings these past three years. I have humbly considered my motives, and I am ready to be accepted in to field service. Am I ready?
  • jgnat,

It used to be that they'd let anyone go door to door. I remember one Elder taking along a street person who wanted to know what it was like for us. He would introduce himself by saying, "My name is Nxxx Jxxxxxx, and this is Mr. Bxxx Wxxxxx, who is curious about the door-to-door ministry that Jehovah's Witnesses are doing in your neighbourhood." No word of a lie, Mr. Bxxx Wxxxxx was dishevelled, in dire need of some personal hygiene time and a clean change of clothes. But he was Honest Hearted™ enough to be granted permission to go door-to-door. He never did become a JW either, but he went in service several times.

I'm really quite surprised that the Elders™ have been putting him through this waiting game for so long. I guess it's kind of reverse psychology: if they make the Privilege™ difficult to achieve, the person wants/appreciates it more?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Has AFIN come back yet>?

• Scully
    Scully
    Has AFIN come back yet?

If she has, she isn't posting.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I got a PM from AFIN. She has decided not to judge my husband's situation, other than to suggest he needs to stick up for himself more. She is still waiting for her posting limit to renew. I'd give her another twelve hours.

Scully, many xJW's can hardly believe my JW husband has been made to wait so long. I don't understand it myself, yet there it is.

• sf
    sf
    By being here it looks like you are leaning toward exjw thoughts

It goes both ways AFIN. It's obvious, by you being here, that you too, are leaning in the same direction of such thoughts.

This thread has so much food for thought and insight into just how warped their thinking is and how they are masters at spin, that I think PBS...ITVS needs to read it.

Especially the poems. How would the unsuspecting householder { PBS viewers} view these poems?

We shall see.

sKally

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Has AFIN come back yet?
    If she has, she isn't posting.

I don't think AFIN is coming back. I think she has had it with this place. That is cool. I could understand that. I don't know if I would want to go slug it out with thousands of dubs on a posting board, not that they would have me. No matter how much you know, you don't know more than several people combined. I had a nice conversation with her today. She is alright when she isn't fighting with all of us. I hope she finds she doesn't need a group of people to make her be faithful to God. True faithfulness is shown when we don't have anybody telling/making us obey God. We just do it because we love Him!

• gringojj
    gringojj

There are alot of people here who could slug it out on a board full of dubs. The fact is that there are some questions they just wont answer. Most of us here at jwd will answer any question we are faced with. Id like someone to try it sometime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit