For anyone scared about being here

by stevenyc 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

For anyone scared about being here, or if you know someone who will not search information related to the watchtower organization, this is for you!

If we want to worship God acceptably, we must know the truth. This is an important issue. Our eternal happiness depends on it. Therefore, everyone should ask himself: 'Is my way of worship acceptable to God? Am I genuinely interested in learning the truth of God's Word? Or am I afraid of what a careful investigation might reveal?'

This is taken from www.watchtower.org - their official site. In fact from their main page under the heading Do You Know The Truth?

Here's the link.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1998/10/1/article_01.htm

steve

• avishai
    avishai

Great link, thank you, Steve!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Wow that's great info, I'm going to be using that in future discussions with JW's

Damselfly

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

JWD feels better than anything I've ever known.

I encourage all lurkers to get a name, and start talking to us!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I realy enjoy following the great wisdom of the Governing Body.

steve

• upside/down
    upside/down

nice!

u/d

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks for that, Steve. It goes along quite well with another article I found at the JW official web site:

Your Right to Believe

Is it not the course of wisdom, then, to make sure that what you believe actually is true and not simply what you want to believe?

and Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

When it comes to religion, mistaken beliefs have historically caused great harm....Unthinking adherence to what previous generations believed and did can, in fact, be dangerous....A wise person, therefore, does not blindly believe that something is true simply because some authoritative teacher says it is.

~Merry

don't know if this link still works or not, but: http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2001/8/1/article_01.htm editing out my stupid typos is driving me nuts

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

its hard to believe- that as old as the GB is, they can still get their feeet in their mouthes.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

richie

they can still get their feeet in their mouthes

are you implying they're dropping too many E's these days?

steve

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes, and here is another one from the Creator book:

ct p. 9 par. 3

We invite all who have an open mind to consider this subject. The book Belief in God and Intellectual Honesty notes that one who possesses "intellectual honesty" is characterized by a "readiness to scrutinize what one believes to be true" and "to pay sufficient attention to other evidence available."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit