Examples of JW Circular Reasoning

by ColdRedRain 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'll start. The bible is god's word. How do we know that the bible is god's word? Because the bible says it's god's word.

• Balsam
    Balsam

LOL I had that converstation with a JW lady who came to my door here reciently. I said the bible aside, what evidence outside of the bible do we have that the bible is God's Word? Well there is none she said. ((((Bingo)))))) she finally understood. Only the bible says its inspired. And thus so do all other holy writing say their writings are inspired of God. So I asked her who's holy writings do we pick when all say their inspired? Then she said that the proof is in the behavior of the people following it. Anyway we got into a whole discussion about that and it went on for a couple of hours. She left bewildered. Don't think she will be back. LOL

Balsam

• zeroday
    zeroday

And the Book of Mormon is God's word, the Koran is God's word, Dianetics is God's word, Buddist holy writings are God's word. And the (insert any religions holy writings) are God's word. Why? Because they all say so.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Because they are the 'Faithful & Discreet Slave' we can trust what they say, and of course, we trust what they say because they are the 'Faithful & Discreet Slave'.

• Now What?
    Now What?

Because of our 'amazing worldwide growth' we have God's blessing. Because we have God's blessing we have 'amazing worldwide growth'.

hmmm, maybe it's just good business and legal acrobatics

• Mulan
    Mulan

That was one of the things that never made sense to me. NEVER! Even as a died in the wool JW, I couldn't get behind that reasoning.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Zero....Buddhist "holy" writings are NOT god's word according to Buddhists. Just an FYI.

My fav circular logic was how the FDS was "appointed" in 1919. Um...go thru that reasoning one more time please.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

The end is coming soon because so many are leaving the "truth".

Just heard that one - had to stop myself from laughing at the guy.

• Now What?
    Now What?
    The end is coming soon because so many are leaving the "truth".

That could very well be a true statement. If people keep leaving the 'truth', it will be the end of 'em (we hope).

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Circular Reasoning: The use of circular reasoning in which an unproved premise ( just about everything the wtbts. teaches ) is used as the starting point of an augument that proceeds to build on the premise rather than on established fact. The list on circular reasoning that the wbts. has used is endless.

Add to this : False Dilemma's, Red Herring's, Smoke Screens, Straw Men, Ad Hominen's and etc's. all adds up to Watchtower Rhetoric.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit