Do you think any GB Members will have the courage to pull a 'Ray Franz'?

by GetBusyLiving 21 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

It seems the GB Members made a big mistake in freezing Ray Franz out.

They should have allowed him to avoid involvement in the decisions he disagreed with and taken care to keep him very involved in the things he was prepared to go along with. At least they could have kept an eye on him. In time he may have slipped up and implicated himself. Then he would have lost the right to be publicly critical of the activities of the GB.

In the Godfather the Mafia had a saying. 'Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.'

• zagor
    zagor
    Do you think any current GB member could have the courage to come clean and leave the Org. a la Ray Franz?

Nope, they all had to leave their balls on the counter when they've joined in.

• grissom
    grissom

I didn't think that Ray Franz had courage.

Someone with courage would not have left and wrote a book if one thinks there are problems.

Someone with courage would have dealt with matters.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I didn't think that Ray Franz had courage.

Someone with courage would not have left and wrote a book if one thinks there are problems.

Someone with courage would have dealt with matters.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Someone with courage would have dealt with matters

Perhaps you should read the book before passing comment as it clearly states the efforts he went to to try and rectify the situation; although given that you werent there you wouldnt know granted, but before you pass judgement as to whether or not anyone has courage, get the facts, see both sides of the story.

DB74

• garybuss
    garybuss

grissom, wrote: I didn't think that Ray Franz had courage. Someone with courage would not have left and wrote a book if one thinks there are problems. Someone with courage would have dealt with matters.I've thought this over a bit and I tend to agree. However, the idea that Ray Franz "left" voluntarily did not come to me as I read his work. He got fired.
    His books and his correspondence with me, helped me on a personal level a lot. I'm very grateful. I'm personally glad the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation fired him and he wrote his books. All my questions about the Society were answered clearly in one of his books.
    For me, helping the victims recover and move on in life is most important. For myself, I give zero importance to trying to change the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation OR the Jehovah's Witness people. Lots of us were looking for answers and help. That's what I got from Ray and others as well. Those who may have stayed in as active Witnesses and are trying to change the Society from the inside have not been any help to me at all. I don't know one name of such a person.
    Actually the guy who helped me the MOST was Randy Watters.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I'm with you on Randy Garybus. Before I found JWD I found freeminds, silentlambs and AJWARB (sp?) I visit this site most often though because I love the forum. I found out about Ray's book through one of the other sites - the insight it gave into the GB was astounding! Nothing like I thought it was (or most of the R&F either no doubt).

If G wants to support a bunch of lying, bloodguilty crooks, let him!

Tam

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i think it is possible that some might leave or get booted. some have said that it would be nice to let some fresh air in, meaning that some reform might be in order. but it still would not change the fact of what they are.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wonder who the hard liners are in the GB and and who the softliners that want a more humane policy on the dubs, unless they are all hardline. Back in the 1980's some GB members stood up for R Franz.

The hardliners are centrally guilty but then they may have no choice since their org will disintegrate with a less extreme approach eg all their dogmas are a mess and with freedom of speech they will be pulled to pieces. Even their FDS concept on which they stand will collapse.

Can't let that happen to a profitable printing business.

• garybuss
    garybuss

To me, it doesn't matter, hard liner Witness, soft liner Witness . . . to me they are all NO liners. They could go to mush liners and my life won't change one millimeter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit