Clearing Junk from the WT Years

by core 14 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I got rid of all the books, unbound magazines and everything except the bound awake and watchtowers from the eighties.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm not throwing away anything. I still have lots of family in this crazy cult and the information needed to help them is in their own literature.

I just bought a couple of useful late 30's books to add to the collection.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I threw away all my awake bound volumes but kept the WT bound vol. for when I need them to show someone something. Kept just one copy of the books I had. Made room for other books I purchase.

I would say keep the important publications that you can use latter to help people see the lies.

• kazar
    kazar

I got rid of all my publications last month. I had Watchtower, Awake and books going back 15 years. I still don't know why I held onto them so long. I think I had the idea that JW's might be right and that somehow if Armageddon came and I had the publications I might be saved. Goes to show you how twisted thinking can get when you place your faith and trust in magazines (WBTS) instead of God. Once I got on this forum I felt I no longer needed them.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Have my dad's NWT...my Aid to Bible Understanding and his two volume set that replaced it...all else is long gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit