Clearing Junk from the WT Years

by core 14 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

Just binned my last papers from the WT years - been in a corner of my study for some years now but time to take another step forward and destry all the evidence of wasted years - lots of old stuff, programmes from assemblies back to the late 50's why did we keep such useless **** anyway ???) , elders meeting notes etc and a copy of the Constitution the Society forced on UK congs in the late 90s - just reading it shows how in control the centre really is - also binned old WT CDs - one set from 1997 never opened - that was the time we "saw the light" and never looked at a WT book/CD again - have you all got rid of the "junk" or did you hold onto it for years / still got it ?

• hubert
    hubert

You wouldn't happen to have an old "Kingdom Interlinear Translation Bible"?

I'm looking for one. I'll pay you for it, if you have one.

Hubert

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

forced to keep it, here. wife wanted all my old stuff when i went borneo. so it's all still here in the house, staring back at me from the shelf as i read dawkins.

lol

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I kept one copy of each thing for my personal reference. The rest, I eBayed.

• Now What?
    Now What?

I still have all my stuff as I am not really sure what I am going to do with my life after I complete my exit. However there are still many friends I would like to help out of the org so will probably hang onto stuff for a while.

But eBay sounds interesting. This propaganda is actually worth any coin?

• core
    core

Hubert

Will have a look tomoro and see if theres one in the loft - most of books went years ago - clearing all elder years papers etc now - but will look for the Interlinear and let u know by PM

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I still have two copies of the Proclaimers book and the Concordance, that's it. I'm thinking of selling the Proclaimers books on Ebay:

Jehovah's Witnesses publication "Proclaimers of God's Kingdom"

Yes, you too can own a copy of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's 1995 masterpiece of self-congratulatory propaganda and deception. The complete history of America's favorite join-us-or-die Armageddon cult, as told by themselves! Hilarious page-turning fun.

• Huxley
    Huxley

I kept the KM on shunning and shared it with my therapist. She made copies to reference with her other ex-witness clients.

She was really surprised to see how controlling the society is around the shunning issue.

Huxley

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I keep all my old assembly notes from when I was like 16 to remind myself of how stupid I am.

GBL

• Honesty
    Honesty

I've kept all of mine. have some books that are over 80 years old with a lot of interesting 'light' from the JW master, himself. Hang on to the propaganda and lies in case you ever want info for tracts, leaflets, etc. I reproduce the WT 'light' for 3x5 index card tracts and leaflets that I place at HBH and NH JW's in the area. Who knows, it may wake one of them up enough to investigate the apostate Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit