What kind of bird if this?

by shera 26 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Ok,Min,no problem,I didn't look at the other threads before I posted this one.

• talesin
    talesin

Hubert,

That's what I was thinking, or maybe a kingfisher (?), they are quite common here.

tal

• shera
    shera

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/downywood.htm

LOOK LOOK!!! The bird on the left hand side is the bird I have here..a woodpecker chick! How cool!

Hope the lil baby lives!

• blondie
    blondie

Black-throated gray warbler?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Shera, glad you found it! I was looking but couldn't find it. On a side note I had a lovely crash course in birds of NSI hope the little guy will be OK.

• shera
    shera

thanks everyone

• talesin
    talesin

blondie

Those warblers are precious!

tal

*no birder either, but loves her feathered friends*

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I always brought home every hurt animal, lizard, worm...etc that I could. So birds were always mending at our home.

My mom would mix hot water with kitten chow and when it cooled she fed them that. They always ate it and healed. I guess it was just stuffing for the cats though because once when I turned one loose...a real old Yeller moment, my stinking cat got out and killed it right in midflight. I was sitting there humming something like Born Free, and whoops here comes my cat Peaches and kills the lil bugar.

• shera
    shera

Poor lil chick just died.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I don't think it's a black throated gray warbler Blondie because there is no mention of the yellow in front of the eyes:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/programs/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Black-throated_Gray_Warbler.html

I does sound like some kind of warbler though however the red spot if not blood is puzlling as is the 3 wing bands it seems to have. It's almost as if it is a cross between two different species of warbler.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit