What kind of bird if this?

by shera 26 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

A friend of mine cat,hurt this lil bird today and he brought him over too see if I can help the lil baby.

Poor thing,he will probley die but I would like to give him a chance.Cat bites are deadly because their saliva is poisonous to birds.So hopefully the cat didn't break the skin.

Just hope the bird isn't suffering too much and perhaps I'll call a bird vet to see if they can take him...

Just let yahs know,I am a bird lover,I have 4 budgies and 6 cockatiels.

• minimus
    minimus

Is this in competition for the stupid thred category? Just asking. I dunno.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Shera, I'm sorry that I can't help. My Kitties used to catch little birds all the time, sometimes I could save them and sometimes I couldn't. I hope you are successful!

• shera
    shera

To add this bird has a red mark on top of his head.....can't find one pic on the net that look slike this fella.

Only bird close looks like a sparrow.

• blondie
    blondie

A black and white warbler? I'm no birder though.

http://www.nuthatch.birdnature.com/blackbird.html

• shera
  • minimus
    minimus

I'm just fooling here. Look at my new thread. BTW, I do know it's a black bird.

• hubert
    hubert

Are you sure the red mark isn't blood?

It could be a woodpecker maybe? Just guessing.

Hubert

• shera
    shera

Nope its not blood,its lil feathers comming up from the black feathers.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

if its not injured internally, if you keep it calm and warm and just leave it alone it may be ok.. shock usually kills wild birds. so really just getting it set up somewhere safe then staying away from it and leaving it alone is the best thing to do. (bird lover too although i dont own any, was raised on a farm and this situation came up often)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit