This concerns WTS as an NGO and then discontinuing

by juni 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I recently told my mother about the WBTS affiliation with the UN and she immediately dismissed it as fantasy, something that I read on some garbage web site. She refused to believe that what I told her could be reality. But this is expected, as the average rank and file Witness is unaware of their dealings.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness people won't believe anything about what the Society does until they read about what the Society does in the Watchtower magazine.

• homesteader
    homesteader

Today my husband was on a construction job and was approached by jw's. i've been telling him about jw's involvement with the UN. He told them he reads enough of the Bible on his own and when they were walking away said "By the way, do you know anything about the WT involvement with the UN?" They didn't know but asked him where he heard about it so he told them the internet.

He told them three times that they really should look into this. YEAH HUBBY!!!!

Thanks to all the posts here that have enlightened us.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I generally try to be as honest as possible with everyone I come in contact with. However I will bend the truth when it comes to telling a JW where I got this information from. If they know you got it from the internet then they immediatly dismiss it as some wacked out, truth hating, apostitate web site that is merely spreading lies. They will then disregard what you said and forget about it totally. You have to be creative when your giving this information to them and do so in a non threatening mannter.

Next time tell them that your brother in law or some other distant relative works at Bethel or is an elder and they got this letter from the GB. You can use the UN official web site to corroborate the truth in what your telling them. But avoid any other web site because they're programed to avoid that information as if one of Satans minions will immediatly hijack their prospect for eternal life right then and there in that very instant.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Another line that I have come into contact with is this: A hacker hacked the UN website and put that information there to persecute Jehovah's people. <yawn> They've used that persecution thing til it's old hat..

CG

• upside/down
    upside/down

First sentence..."allegations by opposers.."!!! The Society sets the tone and demonizes all with this statement.... For the record...I was NEVER an "opposer" when I was confronted with this material. I levied no personal accusations against the WTS at that time... I just examined THE FACTS. So how do they explain that? The entire 3rd paragraph of this letter is PRICELESS. And a lie. So the WTS is "grateful" to the Guardian (the pen of Satan)? OMG...when does it end? u/d (of the tastes bile class)

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Elder said that "yes" he had received a letter from the Society, but only ONE person was involved.

Lloyd Barry

Ciro Aulicino

Don Adams

Milton Henschel

Robert Johnson

Does this sound like ONE person?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Honestly,

You are correct. One only has to read the DPI Directory publications to figure that out.

One final point that I will say over and over and over and over.

The WTS of New York has and always will be a non governmental organization (NGO) (ie. a not for profit corporation). To say it is not is a false statement.

The WTS was accredited as an "associated NGO" with the UN's DPI" by the United Nation's Department of Information (DPI) committee in 1992. This was a partnership.

At the request of the WTS, the UN's DPI "disassociated" the WTS and thus lost its "associated" NGO status in October 2001.

To this day, the WTS remains an NGO.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I found that when raising this with Witnesses, Elders just shrugged, said they did not know about it but "The Society must have had their reasons".. Since then they obviously could not care less.

Family members just get angry and bluster, good ploy when you dont know the answer! Say that if it is true then it has been blown out of proportion by "Your little friends on the internet" I am told "The Society made a mistake, so what?"

By so doing they deliberately refuse to consider the seriousness of the action, over a long time and which would have continued indefinately unless they got found out. Is the expression "cognitive dissonance" ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit