noah's ark

by kittyeatzjdubs 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i watched a tv show last night on TLC. it was talking about noah's ark and all that stuff. the thing that stuck out in my mind and made me laugh out loud was this....they interviewed many scientist and they all said the same thing, ''there is no natural evidence that a wordly flood ever took place.''

i thought back on the many times that i read in a publication, ''all scientist agree that there is sooooooo much evidence that proves a flood existed.''

TAKE THAT YOU OL' FARTS IN BROOKLYN!!!!!!! HA!

luv, jojo

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

you didnt read runningman's last thread di you?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Ha ha ha!

Oh and I loved that story! Darn(Simon you reading this) no Noah's Ark?

Now I bet you are going to tell me there is no Santa!

Love, Brooke

• kittyeatzjdubs
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ha ha!, hey jojo, i watched the same show. it was pretty well done hey?

the wit-society uses one big, huge, glaring, blinking, non sequitur when they say that all the cultures who believed in a flood is proof that one occurred. it is not a logical conclusion for them to draw (non sequitur ) because all it really means is that some other ancient people also believed the same crap as the Jews did.

i like how the program speculated that "Noah", if he existed as per Gilgamesh, was probably a Sumerian beer and livestock trader/chieftain, and survived a local flood on his river-barge whilst surviving on beer after floating out into the Persian gulf.

brilliant! i love that sort of stuff.

cheers,

TS

• jula71
    jula71

BUT I READ AN AWAKE ONE TIME THAT SAID A ELEPHANT WAS FOUND WITH GREEN, THAT'S RIGHT GREEN VEGITATION IN IT'S MOUTH. THAT PROVES THE FLOOD !!!!!!!

But seriously, I saw that show a few weeks ago, what I found interesting is that many cultures have a flood or some other disaster story, many of which are older then than the bible itself. Putting all the animals into boat just is not logical.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The amount of food requried would sink the boat/ship/ark. Not to mention the POOP!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

All those other stories are from civilizations originating from area's that were prone to floods, too.. I never learned that from the Watchtower.

GBL

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Well, it has to be true, because the bible says it's true, and the we all know what the bible says about the bible. And remember when Job mentioned "the circle of the earth" when everyone thought the earth was flat! C'mon ... DIVINE INSPIRATION THERE!!!

Kwin

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I have never liked the whole flood story, even as a kid it bothered me. I am always sort of aghast when I see children with those little toy arks with the animals and I'm thinking, do they really understand what is going on here (of course not) with these toys they are playing with? That except for the (shit I can't remember) 6? little weebles every other man, woman, and child died a hideous death by drowning? I always wonder what parents are thinking when they give them that toy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit