Are the members of the Governing Body Sociophaths??

by frankiespeakin 32 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Characteristics of Psychopath

(Sociopath, Anti-social Personality Disorder)

This is a fascinating clinical list. I leave it to you to apply these elements to any politician or talk show host you choose.

1. Glibness/superficial charm.
    2. Grandiose sense of self-worth.
    3. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
    4. Pathological lying
    5. Conning/manipulative
    6. Lack of remorse or guilt
    7. Shallow affect
    8. Callous/lack of empathy
    9. Parasitic lifestyle
    10. Poor behavioral controls
    11. Promiscuous sexual behavior
    12. Early behavior problems
    13. Lack of realistic, long-term plans
    14. Impulsivity
    15. Irresponsibility
    16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
    17. Many short-term marital relationships
    18. Juvenile delinquency
    19. Revocation of conditional release
    20. Criminal versatility (Hare, 1986)
    21. (Narcissism also a characteristic)

"It must be remembered that even the most severely and obviously disabled psychopath presents a technical appearance of sanity, often with high intellectual capacities and not infrequently succeeds in business or professional activities for short periods, some for considerable periods .Although they occasionally appear on casual inspection as successful members of the community, as able lawyers, executive or physicians, they do not, it seems, succeed in the sense of finding satisfaction of fulfillment in their own accomplishments. Nor do they, when the full story is known, appear to find this in an ordinary activity."

--H.Cleckley, "The Mask of Sanity"

"Psychiatrists are often helplessly manipulated by the psychopath; just as are the psychopaths other victims."

--Dr. Ken Magid, "High Risk, Children Without a Conscience."

"There are psychopathic personalities in the highest echelons of government, and even within religious hierarchies in America. You can t just assume that a person with the title judge or hospital orderly got there honestly and won t manipulate the hell out of you."

--Personal communication from Psychologist Schreibman to H. Cleckley, 2/10/86

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

BTW I think Doctor Phil is one too, he makes his living off of televising what a great conselor he is at the expense of those that appear on his show, he pretends that he is concerned about them but what he and his staff are really concerned about is his self promotion and tv ratings. Just a side thought.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If dr phil is one, then why would opra have him on her show? Unless, opra is also into manipulation.

S

• blondie
    blondie

If everyone who lied was a sociopath, things would be worse than they are. It is better that we try not to diagnose people we don't know personally.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blond,

It is better that we try not to diagnose people we don't know personally.;

Why is it better?

• blondie
    blondie

Because we aren't qualified. Few of us had even a basic education in psychology, let alone psychiatry. I wouldn't want people without training diagnosing my mental status based on what I write on JWD. We don't even know who wrote what if anything in the publications. A few of us might have heard a GB member give a talk or two. But to make blanket statements about the GB based on information from an internet site or hearsay from others or suppositions without support, undercuts what is said on JWD that does have some foundation.

Just my opinion

Blondie

Good books to read to understand cult mentality

True Believer by Eric Hofer

Releasing the Bonds and Combatting Mind Control by Steve Hassan

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Blond,

Because we aren't qualified. Few of us had even a basic education in psychology, let alone psychiatry. I wouldn't want people without training diagnosing my mental status based on what I write on JWD.

Well Were not charging for our services nor are we making any claims that our diagnosis is valid. And While you wouldn't want someone to diagnos you on this forum seems hardly a valid reason for us not discussing the Governing Body's mental health and personality types, since they lead so many by thier claims and BS. I think examining and discussing the GB's egocentricties are just as appropriate as discussing Jim Jone's, they may not be 100% correct but they do make people think.

If you started a cult and started proclaiming yourself God's channel and people on this forum started following you then I think a thread discussing your mental health would be quite in order.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Having read much about Joseph Rutherford I can say the above description certainly applies to him, above all that "grandiose sense of self worth" and "pathological lying". The subsequent WTS leaders basically followed his example.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    If you started a cult and started proclaiming yourself God's channel and people on this forum started following you then I think a thread discussing your mental health would be quite in order

This is a good example of a sociopathical statement.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Lack of realistic, long-term plans

You left this out.

"The END is soon! "

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit