AWAKE!, Watchtower," and Book titles that lie

by gumby 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

BABYLON THE GREAT HAS FALLEN! (Did miss it?)
    Sunspot, you better git yer arse back to meetings sister! That's old news. Babylon had a spiritual fall in 1919.....but will have a literal fall when Jehovah kicks her UN minglin whorey little arse for bein a spiritual slut at armaggedon! Sheesh....Yer gettin rusty

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

They all lie, are designed to scare, intimidate and control masses of confused people. Love the book title jokes.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

There are two books that I can think of that the title is not a lie (only the title of course)

Live has much more to offer. Yes it surely does

aMake sure of all things, hold fast what is fine. Yes they sure have to study ALL things. Even this side

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Isaiah's Prophecy, Light for All Mankind - Isaiah's Prophecy, New Light for R&F JWs

Mankind's Search for God - Mankind's Search for the WBTS

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived - ...... (Not gonna comment on this one just in case there are some real Christians out there, I love y'all "reel Kris-chins", *muah*)

• Now What?
    Now What?

See the Good Land - See the Good Scam

The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life - The Truth that Leads to Eternal Poverty

Man's Salvation out of World Distress at Hand - Man's Distress out of World Salvation at Hand

God's Etenal Purpose Now Triumphing for Man's Good - GB's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing for WTS' Good

Shining as Illuminators in the World - Scamming as Illusionists in the World

Paradise Restored to Mankind by Theocracy - Parasites Resorted to Mankind through Self-Appointed Theocrats

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is also a brochure with a very misleading title: "How can blood save your life" which makes it sound as if the JWs are pro blood transfusion, you would expect "how blood can't save your life".

• gumby
    gumby
    There is also a brochure with a very misleading title: "How can blood save your life" which makes it sound as if the JWs are pro blood transfusion, you would expect "how blood can't save your life".

Good one Greendawn! This title really bothered me too. The title itself makes no sense. It's like saying how can poison save your life? The answer would be....."don't drink poison." In actuality, the poison didn't save your life....you did it yourself by not drinking it, but the poison didn't do anything. Same with blood. "If you don't take it in your veins....blood will save your life". The blood doesn't save you....your abstinence does. Why could not they be honest and say...." How refraining from blood will save your life". This chickenshit religion is no different than Amway using tricky words to win followers. Gumtruth

• bem
    bem

My 16 year olds personal favorite (not): My book of bible stories, Or read this to your child and he'll have nightmares with built in pictures.

I said..."ewww...lets find a better book to read"

Lisa

LIsa That so sounds like you! Cute. Hugs to you and yours Hun

• Rod P
    Rod P

The first book I studied with the JW's was "Let God Be True" (....Though every man be found a liar) Now that I think of it, I think we should take out the words "every man" and replace it with "the Governing Body/WTBTS". That would make a lot more sense!

The next one I studied was "The Truth Shall Make You Free" - Now, however, this reminds me of the sign over the entry to one of Hitler's Concentration Camps that said "Arbeiten Mache Freien" (Translation: "Work Makes You Free") (Please excuse my German spelling if I got it wrong). Seems to me that both of these LIES are on a par with each other, given that they were entrances to slavery, fear, propaganda, brainwashing, lies, etc.

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit