"College, oh no!" PT 1-New guy here

by theundecided2004 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

jula:

Scully said: "The elders' job is to comfort the victim and their family and look after their spiritual well-being"I have to disagree, the first and for-most job is to PROTECT THE NAME.

Well, you got me there. However, with all the published info regarding how the R&F are supposed to view their Spiritual Shepherds™, as a "refuge" and "a place of shelter", one can easily make the mistake of thinking that they are supposed to be there for the "comfort" of people in distress and mainly interested in the spiritual well-being of the sheep.

I know of many victims that have indeed been punished for coming forward. Reason being, if the act was not witnessed by 2 people, the act never happened so the victim is obviously lying. That is the sick mindset the "bro's" have. In my hall down here a case come up.

I know. Been there. Done that.

I have to wonder about a BoE though, that would send a guy whom they've DFd an reinstated TWICE for molesting teenaged girls to a book study group where the Ministerial Servant/host had a teenaged daughter, while at the same time the Elders involved decided it was quite all right for their own teenaged daughters to not be put in harm's way like that. So much for "standing up for righteousness" and not being "complicit" with wrongdoing.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The facts (damn those pesky things anyway!) show that the JWs are VERY afraid to admit when they have been molested because of this very reason. They are often dismissed with "pray more, go out in service more, and wait on Jehovah to fix it".............which is NO help at all!

That is really not the truth of the way things happen or at least are supposed to happen.

***That is really not the truth of the way things happen***

Too bad you've been living in La-la-land or in the deepest cave in the known world. Pity that you aren't aware of the REAL goings-on of the psuedo-religion that you so trust in.

***or at least are supposed to happen***

AWAKE! up and smell the aroma of all those victims who have had dealings with the WTS pertaining to this problem alone !!!!

What is "advertised" is not what truly goes on......except for the ever-so-accurate reliability of that highly flawed system of the "Two Witness" hogwash!!!!

The WTS has, by its OWN ACTIONS AND POLICIES, proven time and time again that the ONLY thing it is concerned about is its own interests! The WTS does NOT have a Christlike love of its members, consisting of very misled sheep.

You can attempt to defend the WTS and its nasty hidden secrets if you care to---but don't expect any sympathy from those who have been there. Maybe seeing places like www.silentlambs.org will help to enlighten you.

Annie ............who HATES injustice! (and is not too fond of those who uphold or defend it)

• outnfree
    outnfree

First, I must second Annie, to wit:

PUT A SOCK IN IT, GRISSOM!

Then, I would like to heartily welcome theundecided2004 to JWD and thank him for his candid intro. As you can see, far more empathize with your experiences and difficulties in not reporting your abuse and continuing to live the JW lifestyle due to personal family pressure than would castigate you for it.

Your post showed intelligence and a firm grasp on REALITY, and I look forward to getting to know you better with your next installment.

outnfree (who started college almost immediately after DA'ing herself in 2001 and hasn't looked back with an ounce of regret! )

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

You have to feel sorry for Grissom. He/She's clinging desperatly to what they believe is the truth.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Hey by the way theundecided2004. Welcome to the forum. You're not alone now.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Grissom, here is what you said:

Many years ago I dated a sister who told me that when she was in her teen years, her older step brother, the son of her step father who

was an elder, had molested her while all were living together.

Molestation is a crime; it is NOT participation by the victim. So how did the victim commit ANY thing that would make the elders view her in a negative way? She was MOLESTED, attacked, raped, whatever; she did not choose this, right?

Are you saying she had some responsibility, and that she sinned? I have heard cases where the victim told her story, the perp denied it and got no discipline since there were not two witnesses, but the one bringing the rape forward was actually disfellowshipped for her "role" in it since she said it happened.

Is that what you mean, that people are getting the wrong idea about the organization? I came onto the web in 2002 to prove to myself that the accusations about child sexual abuse policy were hogwash; after 1000 hours of research I concluded that the society has in place a policy that protects pedophiles and punishes those who bring accusations. I challenge you to prove otherwise. Ask your elders whether or not 2 witnesses are necessary to prove gross sins, like sexual abuse, and wait for their answer. Ted Jarascz said that they will change for no one and I take him at this word.

WAKE UP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit