ran into two jw's over the holiday weekend

by homesteader 6 Replies latest jw friends

• homesteader
    homesteader

after fading i didn't run into any jw's for quite awhile, now they are coming out of the woodwork. i wasn't sure how i was going to handle things due to fading. i seen one women at a yard sale and didn't know if i should say hello or not. i thought i would just act like i didn't see her until she came into my space (within a few feet) so I said hello, thinking it would be rude not to. She said hello also and we talked about some shallow things. The other women i met was at the community pool and she waved to me when she seen me. I waved back but didn't know whether or not to make conversation. My grandaughter needed my attention so i decided not to intiate any more conversation. I also want to respect how others feel. After about an hour, this women moved into my space by sitting next to us so i made conversation. She is a single parent raising a 4th grader and two five year old twins and had some issues that i was familiar with so i shared my insight. we pretty much stayed away from any jw talk and when we parted she told me she liked talking to me. i told her i felt the same way. elders won't make eye contact or say hello to me. they must know something everyone else doesn't...he-he. i'm glad that i have this forum for support because without it i might feel like a piece of shit just because someone doesn't say hello to me.

• I quit!
    I quit!

It can be difficult. I think sometimes xjws feel they have to play the game with the jw rule book. Not talking to people who don't agree with your religion is from their rule book not yours. I believe you should greet them and if they want to be rude and ignore you that is their business. Not much you can do about it. It helps if you remember you once thought that way yourself. I remember ignoring people I liked the were df'd. It wasn't personal and I hated doing it. I was just obeying their stupid rules. Sometimes it can be fun when there are non jws around. It maked it very hard for then to ignore you and not look like a total rude idiot. If you ever get in that situation enjoy watching them squirm.

• upside/down
    upside/down

darn... I thought you actually RAN INTO them...

u/d (of the make it look like an accident class)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Whenever you see a jw....

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS!!!!

and if they break your heart

KILL THEM WITH MORE KINDNESS!!!!

Evanescence

• rambaldi
    rambaldi

When you ran into them were they OK? Or were you driving on the sidewalk again?

You were hitting this too much weren't you?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    i'm glad that i have this forum for support because without it i might feel like a piece of shit just because someone doesn't say hello to me.

Here's a little affirmation for you....other people's behavior toward you in no way changes your value as a person. If you are a valuable, good person before you see the shunner, you're no less of a person after you see her.

One of the purposes in shunning is to awaken latent shame based upon rules made up by a publishing company. Do you have shame hibernating somewhere in your mind that would be awakened when someone shuns you? What is it that's leading you to feel that shame now?

• greendawn
    greendawn

So in your experience how do the dubs treat the faders nowadays like any other jw or more like a marked person?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit