My Website, what do you guys think of it?

by Yizuman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• M@el5trom
    M@el5trom

I have not used Mamba- I am a more or less hand coding kinda guy now, although I do use pre-built scripts when it saves me time. I think the easiest way to add labels to the top icons (and to potentially resize them) would be to open them in a graphics program and add the text into the image itself (MS Paint is included with Windows, GIMP is a good, powerfull and free but somewhat complicated like Photoshop type program). Normally I wouldn't recommend that, but that seems to be the easiest way for you to do that.
    The underlined link this is basically to help people know what's clickable and what's not. Since most of the links are in a menu format, most people will know they are clickable, so I wouldn't waste a lot of time on that if you don't know what to look for in the CSS code (if you want to, look for the lines that look like this and change the text-decoration from none to underline:
    a:link {color: #000000;
    background-color: #2E8B57;
    text-decoration: none;}
    a:visited {color: #000000;
    background-color: #2E8B57;
    a:hover {color: #FFFFFF;
    background-color: #006400;
    I can't really help out with the Mamba stuff (like the news comments) - never used Mamba. If you are looking for a good book for learning more HTML/CSS, pickup HTML 5th edition by Elizabeth Castro. For PHP if you already are decent with HTML, look for the WROX books, Beginning PHP5(or 4 since that's all most web hosts have).
    I hope I've been some help. I am working on a few websites right now, so I don't have much time to go and edit CSS and stuff, but I'll try to check back here after a bit to see if there are anymore questions that I can help with.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Ok I picked a different template and thought this looked better. Plus it supports modules for the right side of the page showing what files has been added and updated. The forums link at the top navigation isn't working right, but works at the Main Menu, I'm working on that. So how does it look now? Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit