Would You Wear This... Approved WTBTS Attire

by misspeaches 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Absolutely inspired tijkmo

W.Once

• greendawn
    greendawn

The dubs may say it's the inner man and the personality he is clothed with that really matters but even that is not much good since it is difficult to have a wholesome personality in a dictatorial context based on fear of god and the FDS. There are so many restrictions there that personality tends to get levelled.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"My mum used to always tell me I should model myself on the clothes that we see people wearing in the WTBTS propoganda."

In the days I was on my way out of the org, I told my aunt when she gave me that same speil in a sarcastic manner "And you say our religion isn't a cult?"

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

even the drunken "worldly" kids in that picture are nerds! im surprised they dont have dreadlocks and shirts with skulls on them, not to mention the evil blue jeans

bethel minute

• undercover
    undercover

No....but I'll have a drink of whatever it is they're having

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

When I was 16 I was asked to play piano for a friend's wedding at the KH. I borrowed a beautiful floral floor length dress from my sister. It was pastel colors, nothing bright, not something that would bring me a lot of attention. The neckline was a round scoop, rather low, but didn't show any cleavage, even tho I am rather well endowed. Some sister left me a note telling me that my attire was inappropriate, too revealing, etc., etc, etc. She didn't have the nerve to sign her name. I was a little surprised that my clothing was not appropriate - my father, Brother Perfect Elder, did not voice any objections to my choice of clothing. Hmmmmm....

• chrissy
    chrissy
    No....but I'll have a drink of whatever it is they're having

Ya...pass me a rolling rock! (or whatever)

I would wear the sweater...sure, why not.

• undercover
    undercover
    Ya...pass me a rolling rock! (or whatever)

I was eyeing the bottle on the table....Jack Daniels (I think)...but it looks like they done polished it off.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Once, when I was 18, I wore a dress (Jessica McClintock) that was *gasp!* just above my knee to a district convention in Fresno, Ca! I was told I should be careful, I might get a stern talking to from the brothers. Nothing happened.

The last time I was in a kingdom hall I wore pants. Oooooo I was just waiting for someone to say something, anything. Darn, nothing was said to me. Guess I'm not worthy.

Josie

• luna2
    luna2
    they're all drinking... LOL

Its so they can stand to go out in public in their nerd clothes.

I wore pants (not jeans) to afternoon bookstudy at the KH for a while. It was easier as I was coming straight from work. The lovely older brother who was conducting never said anything or made me feel that I was inappropriately dressed. A pioneer sister, who was not assigned to that bookstudy but attended one or two meetings there when it suited her schedule better, took it upon herself to chastize me because, "How would it look to worldy people seeing me go into the KH?" and "Does that show respect and honor to Jah?" Rotten buttinsky!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit