Dad's and daughters...

by Frog 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Some days I wish my father were dead just so I don't have to answer any questions about whether I have one or not. Lately, I say he's dead.

I completely understand. I've thought many times it'd be easier if he were dead. I wouldn't have to explain why I haven't talked to him but once in a blue moon.

• zagor
    zagor
    "How's my mouse: Dux (re uni), house boss (re my new job), world traveller, galaxy hitchhiker...hope you're well, dad & spud (his dog) xxxxx

He loves you very much. For a man to write like that you must have a very special place in his heart.

• horrible life
    horrible life

What do you say to people who ask "Are you going to see your parents for the holiday?", or how often do you see your parents, etc...

• avishai
    avishai
    Just remember that for some of us on JWD, the hope of any happy relationship with our father is slim and none. My father is the unrepentant molester/rapist of all his children. He has slipped through the WTS radar and is out there in some congregation, visiting other congreations as we speak. He is a true pedophile who has only excuses for his actions.

Some days I wish my father were dead just so I don't have to answer any questions about whether I have one or not. Lately, I say he's dead.

Blondie

Hon, creep's like that do not deserve the label "father". Genetic donor, perhaps. Monster comes to mind, (((Blondie)))

• Soledad
    Soledad

my dad was never a JW so our relationship is great. We are very alike. Sometimes when I call home I only speak to him or my brother, not my mom. That really gets under her skin .

• Es
    Es

Ohh thats cute. My dad and I have had not the best relationship lately but my nans been taken to hospital recently and i think its waken him up a bit coz now he rings me a lot and tells me he loves me, es

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I was the first to hold my daughter when she was born, yes even her mum. We have been close ever since. I was a sole parent with her (her choice) and actually left the witnesses at the same time!!

She has just completed 2 degrees and is happily living with a well adjusted male. We live quite a distance apart but are never disconnected from each other. We actually spoke an hour ago. I am not and will never be a dead beat dad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit