Frog's first semester Uni results are in!

by Frog 33 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Why you naughty little frog! Don't you know about the evils of higher education? What would the WTBTS say if they knew about this? Fancy leaving the borg, getting a higher education, doing it successfully and being happy! That's just not allowed!

Seriously though... Congrats darl!

• jeanniebeanz
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

congrats frog! keep up the good work!

what are you thinking of majoring in, if you don't mind?

• Frog
    Frog

Hi Tetrapod, Social Ecology at this stage, but it's early days yet!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

cool! good for you! are you into permaculture?

• Frog
    Frog

I'm very much interested in sustainability and renewable natural resources:)...are you??

This is the rhetoric from the unit handbook for one of the subjects I'll be enrolled in all year...

Introduces a range of approaches to the study of environmental processes and human relations with nature, including key ecological and cultural dimensions of human adaptation of the Earth as habitat. The unit comprises four major components: (a) Society, Space and Development (semester 1) -- covers the basic concepts in human geography, by exploring the theme of development and sustainability; (b) Environmental Processes (semesters 1 and 2) -- covers atmospheric, geomorphic, and biotic processes and considers their modification by people, especially in Australasia; (c) Environment and Society (semester 2) -- covers the human impact on the environment both currently and historically, and the evolution of conservation ideas; and (d) Practical and Field Studies (semesters 1 and 2) -- provides training in the basic field and laboratory techniques used in geography and environmental studies.
    http://courses.utas.edu.au/portal/page?_pageid=53,33239&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&P_UNIT_CODE=KGA100
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sounds like a great time. i wish more people were interested in studying this sort of thing. i personally think we are headed for a time in the future were people with your sort of knowledge will be in high demand. i would also like to see ecological relationships and resources managed on a sustainable community level without having to go through some crazy crisis, but alas i think we may be headed there anyways.

I'm very much interested in sustainability and renewable natural resources:)...are you??

yes, i am very much interested in it too. it's sounds like your major will get into some permaculture technologies. i am not majoring in ecology, but biology still does come in helpful. especially with alternative waste water management systems or fish hatcheries etc.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Congrats my friend. I will drain many pitchers of beer in honor of your success. Hopefully I can do as well as you when I go back this semester.

• Frog
    Frog

you will Dustin my friend, I'm sure of it! You've got all the drive, and that's all it takes. I think we're at a serious advantage with a few extra years under our belts. I'm far more clearer on my interests, goals and objectives now that I've had a chance to really eperience the world. "Mature-age" students are at a serious advantage on account of their dedication, and having had longer to master the English language to use in their thesis. Good luck matey!!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Congratulations! What's most important, of course, is what you have learned and how confident you feel about your knowledge and abilities, but isn't it wonderful to get that affirmation from your profs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit