"The Truth" about Higher Education

by Ozner 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ozner
    Ozner

Friends, I am a longtime Witness (35 years), born "in the Truth" and raised up in the 70's. When the time came I had to chose my Education, there was something not accepteble: Higher Education. This was not done! At that time, I agreed with it. Later on, when someone learned me to think "out of the box", I was wondering why the Society was against Higher Education: to keep us "in line" as they wanted. But, now I know, that our old leaders (GB) are not longer boss in Brooklyn. Higher Educated guys took the lead. Here is a proof, I found on the Internet. PS I got Higher Education later on, so I am not really a victim of the WTS policy. But it makes me angry how their stand has effect on the life of so many people. Ozner Jolene Chub. 1957, studied social history at New York University, researcher specializing in the history of Jehovah's Witnesses in the Nazi era, at the international offices of the Watch Tower Society; project coordinator of Holocaust-related education programs and cooperative efforts with the Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation, Facing History and Ourselves, the Imperial War Museum Holocaust Exhibition, and numerous other Holocaust education and research facilities; serves on the advisory board for the Journal of Genocide Research. James N. Pellechiab. 1944, studied journalism and communications at Columbia University; associate editor of the periodical Awake! (Erwachet!); author of The Spirit and the Sword-Jehovah's Witnesses Expose the Third Reich; producer of the video documentary Jehovah's Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

hallo ozner welkom op het board.

Interesting information. Do you have something to back this up. As far as I know the old man there still running the show....

found on the internet does not always implies that it is true...

Danny

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ozner I think you are reading too much in the positions of these two persons they are researchers of jw history, it dosn't mean they have any real power just a some prestige for working at Brooklyn. It may be the WTS lawyers that are running things.

The GB don't want young jws to be educated because they can develop a critical mind and expose their hypocrisy, their rule over the R & F is based on ignorance, on lack of education they see education as a threat to their position. It's good that you realised the fraud and got an education.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OZNER

INTERNET BAD. INTERNET DEVICE OF SATAN. INFORMATION ON INTERNET ABOUT WTS LIES LIES LIES.

That's what the WTS says about what is said about them on the internet.

When did you stop believing them? When did you lose your faith??

HB

• outnfree
    outnfree

As a matter of fact, Ozner, Jim Pellechia has lost some star power in recent years. He WAS in charge of Public Relations until the Silentlambs heat got to be too much and the Society put J.R. Brown in charge. I'd like to think Jim was/is not the company man J.R. is, because he did me a favor once or twice, and that it was his conscience that led to his replacement.

But I could be dreaming. Fear of how they would survive in the outside world keeps many long-time Bethelites under the GB's thumb, and that's not noble at all...

outnfree

• JT
    JT

A poster stated :

“But, now I know, that our old leaders (GB) are not longer boss in

guys took the lead”

and as proof he mentioned . James N. Pellechia and another guy well I don’t want to be one to rain on someones parade, but here goes, from everything I am aware of higher educated men have not taken over the org, barring the role of the boys in Legal- but their role is only as a consulting role- the finally decision is not made by highly educated men

Pellechia was mentioned due to going to college, well the wt thought that his education would be good for the org too, so they appointed him as the Public Relations man due to his college training perhaps in communication,

Problem is he failed and failed miserably as the Number #1 Spokesman for the World wide organization- well he was too honest and often time conceded that the wt was wrong on issues, and it was not acceptable, so they pulled him out of that High Profile job and replaced him with JR Brown a black man who bearly finished highschool but worked his way thru the ranks of the org pio, co do and writing dept member-

He was the smooth as silk spokesman the wt needed and wanted and got, while Pellechia college training failed him in the eyes of wt, but the years of hard core wt Society Man training of JR Brown has served him well

You mentioned that is the asso editor of the Awake and as we all know the Awake carries no weight, no major dogmas, the real prestige is working on the WT esp articles, and when JR was in the writing dept he handled Questions From Readers, while Pellechia was somewhere working on “watching the world”

Once again is listed the Real Power Brokers and too my knowledge almost NONE of these men have education beyond highschool

Most of them hit the pioneer work at 17,18, co work or can to bethel, worked their way of the corp ladder and none of them attended any further education beyond what they came to bethel with or the CO work with

So sorry to sayt unless you have some info on the men listed below and their education level, these are the men who are in charge, for they are the gb right hand men and as far as I am aware almost none of these men are colleged educated

Bible and Tract Society of (Incorporated 1884)

President Don A. Adams
    Vice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (Incorporated 1909)

President Max H. Larson
    Vice Presidents George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling
    Secretary/Treasurer Gerald F. Simonis
    Directors Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)

President William L. Van De Wall
    Vice Presidents Charles I. Woody, Leon Weaver, Jr.
    Secretary/Treasurer William H. Nonkes
    Directors Harold K. Jackson, Merton V. Campbell, Stanley F. Weigel

Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)

President Patrick J. LaFranca
    Vice Presidents Peter D. Molchan, Ralph E. Walls
    Secretary/Treasurer Joseph D. Mercante
    Directors Marvin G. Smalley, Kenneth J. Pulcifer, Eugene D. Rosam, Jr.

Kingdom Support Services, Inc. (Incorporated 2000)

President Harold L. Corkern
    Vice Presidents Alan D. Janzen, Robert L. Butler
    Secretary/Treasurer Alexander W. Reinmueller
    Directors James F. Mantz, Jr., Thomas Kalimeris, Alan G. Browning

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Jersey, Inc. (Incorporated 1955)

President Charles V. Molohan
    Vice Presidents James L. Bauer, J. Richard Brown
    Secretary/Treasurer Alan K. Flowers
    Directors Allen E. Shuster, David L. Walker, Vernon C. Wisegarver

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida, Inc. (Incorporated 1986)

President Leonard R. Pearson
    Vice Presidents Alejandro G. Rodriguez, Maurice C. Turcot
    Secretary/Treasurer Mark L. Questell
    Directors Jim Moody, Sr., Anselm J. Packnett, Donald R. Krebs

Valley Farms Corporation (Incorporated 1987)

President Charles J. Rice
    Vice Presidents Kent E. Fischer, Robert L. Rains
    Secretary/Treasurer Albert L. Harrell
    Directors John R. Strandberg, Samuel D. Buck, Louis A. Travis

• JT
    JT

As a matter of fact, Ozner, Jim Pellechia has lost some star power in recent years. He WAS in charge of Public Relations until the Silentlambs heat got to be too much and the Society put J.R. Brown in charge. I'd like to think Jim was/is not the company man J.R. is, because he did me a favor once or twice, and that it was his conscience that led to his replacement

#######

110% and one thing about the org, it is strictly position driven, once you rise to a level and are then knocked down a peg or two among your PEERS you got the Shaft

case in point, a brother who works in writing doing study articles is viewed among those in writing as a top dog,, yet if he got in trouble or pissed off someone and got assigned Watching the World, to all those who worked outside of writing he would still be viewed as a big dog since he works in the writing dept

but among his peers they would say He got the Shaft, and that is how he is viewed by his peers at that level in the org

hey it all about the title man

• JT
    JT

110% CORRECT

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i always did notice this. they discouraged higher education, and yet the faithful bros that actually made it through higher education with their faith intact, seemed to always "go places" in the org. might have just been my experience. and i should say that these guys were very few and far between all the other guys that went places in the org. i mean, who goes to school, learns critical thinking ability, and stays a witnoid!?

• jula71
    jula71
    they discouraged higher education, and yet the faithful bros that actually made it through higher education with their faith intact, seemed to always "go places" in the org.

You forget.....it's ok...as long as it benefits them. Like law school for example, if you do it to be a lawyer and make some $$, WRONG!! but if you to help dub's in abuse cases, custody battles, or blood issues, your doing a fine thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit