copyright law

by pepheuga 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

first of all, a message for watchtower society monitors: hi guys, since i'm a little rebellious, and people offering advice to me on this thread are probably equally so, you may like to come here often to see what we're up to. fine, but don't forget to check this out, because this is where you really should be.

now, to all,

hi, it's been a while since i posted here, can anybody post a link to a site that deals well, in laymans' english, with copyright law, given that i am living in england and wanting to put wts publications up on my website. if you answer constructively, i will be grateful for your kindness in doing so. if you try to discourage me, i shall assume that you are a wts monitor, unless i happen to know otherwise.

many thanks for any help anybody can offer!

pepheuga

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I think you'll be ok quoting WTBTS publications pepheuga, as they are written and edited by God Himself, as HIS Word....you would be doing a service spreading HIS Word

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Which WT did that image come from? Is it a new thought? Hell, not just a garbage dump after all.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The following is an excerpt from the manuscript:

Q. At any rate, Jehovah God is now the editor of the paper, is that right?

A. He is today the editor of the paper. (Knorr)

Q. How long has He been editor of the paper?

A. Since its inception he has been guiding it. (Knorr)

Now to Franz:

Q. But you don't make any such statement, that you are subject to correction, in your Watch Tower papers, do you?

A. Not that I recall. (Franz)

Q. In fact it is set forth directly as God's Word, isn't it?

A. Yes, as His Word. (Franz)

Q. Without any qualifications whatsoever?

A. That is right. (Franz)

The conclusions are getting deeper as we now see claimed that the Watchtower papers are "God's Word" "without any qualifications whatsoever".

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040312/DOCTRINE5/10527011

See - told you so - and oooops, that was bad editing....

• foreword
    foreword

Obviously if monitors exist here, they would see themselves as the top two guys looking down on those poor souls here at JWD.

As far as copyright laws, I'm sure this has been discussed here before. But it seems to me that if you quote your source you should be all set. Unless of course you are making money, in that case licensing fees could apply.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Unless of course you are making money

Lol - God's Word is FREE - ask the WTBTS, or 'Quotes' - just kidding, am sure you are right foreward. But to reproduce a ''Charity's' publication surely would be just expanding it.

• rebel8
  • foreword
    foreword

Expansion is the buzz word....LOL

• core
    core

http://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law is a place to start "Fair Dealing" and "to a certain degree" are the buzz phrases here and if you had a site with little else but quotes from WT (or anyones elses) published material then you could be construed as in breach of copyright - Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are: Private and research study purposes. Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes. Criticism and news reporting. Incidental inclusion. Copies and lending by librarians. Acts for the purposes of royal commissions, statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and parliamentary purposes. Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of listening to or viewing at a more convenient time, this is known as time shifting. Producing a back up copy for personal use of a computer program. Playing sound recording for a non profit making organisation, club or society. (Profit making organisations and individuals should obtain a license from the Performing Rights Society.)

• watchtower_and_afake
    watchtower_and_afake

Q. In fact it is set forth directly as God's Word, isn't it? A. Yes, as His Word. (Franz) Q. Without any qualifications whatsoever? A. That is right. (Franz) I could have saved myself 25 years of misery if I'd have only read those transcripts. OH WELL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit