Back from the DC

by jula71 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• potleg
    potleg

Exactly, the watchtower org. is no longer relevant in the lives of many younger ones. So how can the borg make itself more relevant?...by keeping people dependent on it. Keep people isolated, mis-informed about the world around them, and have them live in fear. This is exactly what the Org. does it's an abusive system but thankfully with sites like this and the tendancy of younger people to be more questioning and informed the org., I believe is fighting a losing battle.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thank you for all the posts regarding the assembly

I like having bullets, like this before my wife goes to the assembly,

it helps me plant seeds.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I like having bullets, like this before my wife goes to the assembly,

Ask your wife to show you in the Bible where getting a proper education is forbidden.

Farkel

• JV
    JV

Cyrus, that's the exact reason why they don't want people to go to college, because it teaches critical thinking skills. One of my professors layed into our class pretty good last semester because we kept on pestering him for the answers to specific questions. He told us that the main purpose of university is developing critical thinking skills and if we develop these we wouldn't need to look up the answers all the time.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Right.

Obedience. That what its all about.

Just like a child might not undestand why his parents want him to do or not do something, it is for his best interests.

How much more so, then, that we submit to everything we are told by Jehovah throught the GB.

There was a syposium about family life, that had a double meaning. It was split into 3 parts

Husband (has ultimate power over wife and kids)

Wife (should shut up and listen to husband)

and Kids. (should follow mom and dad a learn to love the org...)

Each should be obedient to the bible's direction for families.... blah blah...

However think about it like this

Husband = Jesus and GB

Wives = Elders and cong leaders

Kids = Piece of shit followers that just do.

They talked about wives having a QUIET AND MILD spirit, and they even gave a demo of a wife questioning her husband.

They were subtly saying that the elder's shouldn't question the org. and god forbid the kids say something.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

all that submissive wife stuff is total crapola. Theres a time and a place for submission, and that is in the bedroom after the kids have gone to bed , NOT in the kingdom hall in broad daylight!

• Satanus
    Satanus
    First they should have changed "Godly Obedience" to "Society Obedience".

If the wt society is god, then it makes sense.

S

• homesteader
    homesteader

One quote really hit me, they were talking "food at the proper time" and the speaker said "our only job is to eat, the GB and the slaves job is to feed us." Translation. eat everything question nothing.

hmmm "give a man a fish he eats for a day. teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime." unknown

• blondie
    blondie
    They were subtly saying that the elder's shouldn't question the org.

Here is the biggest problem the WTS has. The day to day WTS representatives are the elders; they are on the front line of presenting the WTS line. If they don't obey, the rank and file get the idea they don't have to obey. The COs are only there twice a year for parts of 5 days. I have seen many long-time elders removed over the last 3 years, many with over 30 years as elders. Evidently, they weren't being company men any more. Without the elders, the WTS has no real hold on the rank and file.

Blondie

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ditto what you said, jula71.

First they should have changed "Godly Obedience" to "Society Obedience". I have never heard obey the GB pushed so hard in all my years as I dub.

My husband said that the talk on the FDS was the worst one he has ever heard - and he has been 'aware' since around 1990. I was feverishly taking notes and was astounded at how blatant and impassioned many statements were in putting the FDS and GB on a pedestal, making them essential to our salvation, the means by which we were drawn to God and the only channel to God. The speaker also said that we should want to be fettered to them, following them wherever they should go (in line with Isa. 45:14). Jesus was barely mentioned. Outrageously unbiblical.

I guess they must be worried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit