Back from the DC

by jula71 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• jula71
    jula71

First they should have changed "Godly Obedience" to "Society Obedience". I have never heard obey the GB pushed so hard in all my years as I dub. It was amazing. There was a talk about the "faithful slave." I believe the view has changed again, I paid very good attention to this one. The "remnant" was only mentioned once as being part of the "organization" but the main part of the slave was said to be the GB. One quote really hit me, they were talking "food at the proper time" and the speaker said "our only job is to eat, the GB and the slaves job is to feed us." Translation. eat everything question nothing.

And what I've heard is correct, major push against "higher education". This was pushed in some form or manner everyday.

• Scully
    Scully
    "our only job is to eat, the GB and the slaves job is to feed us."

Sorry Brothers, but I gave up swallowing $h!t a long time ago.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Was this the same DC Richie attended?

I wonder why they have such a downer on hypnotism, or is that so we won't recognise it "you will obey, you will obey...."

• RescueMe2
    RescueMe2

I am curious. At these conventions, do they talk about the bible and what it teaches or is it more along the lines of the WTBS script and what they want?

• jula71
    jula71
    or is it more along the lines of the WTBS script and what they want?

Funny you should ask. A few talks like the "Keynote address" and the "public talk' are in fact a script to be read word for word.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Jula, did they actually say that the GB is superior to the rest of the annointed (or words to that effect)? In practice it had always been that way but it will be an interesting change if they now say that outright.

The point is why are they the main part or more important part how is this justified? Do the rest of the "annointed" ever receive any inspiration?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS tends to be reactive rather than proactive. They get reports from all the COs and DOs every week as the the condition of the congregations/circuits/districts. They know people are just no longer attending. They know that the rank and file and especially the elders are less and less afraid and thus less obedient to the headquarters.

This is a desperate attempt to close the barn door after the sheep have departed.

The rank and file pick and choose what they obey and will continue to do especially if they can do it without any human knowing.

I have already heard the rumblings from that generation above me (70's and 80'). They can't believe that they will actually have to die.

A point of note, the original WTS was made up of only people who thought they were going to heaven and they knew they had to die to receive their reward. The change in the doctrine regarding the great crowd brought in that unique concept that there could be a group of people who never died. So the organization is made up of people now who are not expecting to die to receive their reward. Surprise!

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    So the organization is made up of people now who are not expecting to die to receive their reward. Surprise!

Oopsie!

Oh, and don't forget to keep sending us your money.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The heaven bound expect to be taken up at Armageddon without ever having to die. In 1915 Russell and his followers were waiting on roof tops dressed in white garments of purity to be taken up.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian
    "And what I've heard is correct, major push against "higher education". This was pushed in some form or manner everyday"

Yes! I noticed the same thing. I think this push against higher education may be an effort to stem the small but growing number of JW kids who grow up and simply walk away from the org. They are easier to control if they are uneducated window washers and janitors. They probably realize that college is more than a further education, that it teaches you how to think...and if you know how to think, the WTS teachings go out the window.

What they don't realize is that college or not, more and more young people will leave, simply because the Watch Tower is no longer a relevant part of their lives.

CyrusThePersian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit