Tell me about the "Kingdom Interlinear Translation Bible? Same as NWT?

by hubert 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    The NWT translates John 17:3 as "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

Other translations (in this case, the NIV) translate it as "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

The difference is "knowing" which is personal and intimate vs. merely "taking in knowledge".

Exactly. And the KIT exposes this difference. The literal, interlinear translation of the Greek reads, "in order that they may be knowing you the only true God". There's a big difference between knowing a person and taking in knowledge of them. I've been a Bob Dylan fan for 40 years, have read all sorts of books about him, can recite the lyrics to scores of his songs. But I've never met the man. I have taken in knowledge of him, but I don't know him. Christians don't get saved by "taking in knowledge," but through a personal relationship with God. The idea that knowledge saves us is far more characteristic of Gnostic thinking than orthodox Christianity.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The Watchtower really shot itself in the foot by publishing the KIT.

Showing a JW what the argument of Paul in Romans 10:8ff or 14:8f really is, by pointing to the use of kurios (lord) and kurieuĂ´ (to be lord of), and then showing how this argument becomes completely unintelligible in the NWT with the "Jehovah" substitution, is easy and great fun...

• watchtower_and_afake
    watchtower_and_afake

Another verse that really sat in my craw, was the translation of the infamous John 1:1. In the KIT you'll find they translated it correctly in greek as "the word was God" and in the NWT they deliberatley put the letter "a", which changes the whole scripture, stating that "the word was 'A' God". Just another way the JW's have tried to steal away the true diety of Jesus Christ. Another verse that will show that the JW have deliberatley changed scripture in order to make their theology work is found in Colossians 1:15-20. The NWT in these verses have deliberatley added the word "other" numerous times, but youll find that the word "other" never existed, just another way the WTBS has tried to steal away from who Jesus really was. Another neat thing to see is to find a old version of the NWT (prior to 1956) and read Hebrews 1:6 the older versions said "let all Gods angels WORSHIP him" -referring to Jesus, the newer translations have been changed to read "let all Gods angels do obescience to him". It really is a eye opener especially when you never knew that the society ever made these changes, and if they made these changes why did they make them. I think we both know why they made them!! And thats just another reason Iam no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Narkissos et al.-

We have all learned much about kurios since we exited. Was reading Tischendorf's text today, nothing what I once thought.

Brooklyn - we're not IGNORANT!

Read your Bible everyone - and then see their insanity.

NEED A GHOST BUSTER - HOUSE HAUNTED????

Question in ancient languages - PM me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit